XF 2.1 MyBB 1.8.21 to XF 2.1 is not working (not the usual path issue)

Sal Collaziano

I think there may need to be an update to the import script, it anyone is still working on that. It's the MyBB uploads path that's causing my issue.

The directory '/home/website/public_html/uploads' could not be found or is not readable.

The path is correct. The permissions are correct. I've been searching around here and every time somebody had this problem, it was an incorrect path. What else could it be?

Is there any way to simply disable this part of the import? I don't need avatars or attachments. I just want the users, email address, forums, threads and posts...

I moved the baby community from mybb to xenforo. Export to mybb database during migration. Install the xenforo database next to the Mybb database. Delete all mybb files. just keep the installation folder. There are avatars of the old forum in the upload folder. Upload Xenforo files to the ftp path. Finish installing xenforo. Import mybb database. Also import the installation folder. After the migration is complete, delete the mybb installation folder and the old mybb database.

Last edited:
I migrated the baby community from mybb to xenforo. Handling to mybb database when migrating. Install xenforo database next to mybb database. Delete all mybb files. just keep the upload folder. There are avatars of the old forum in the upload folder. Upload xenforo files to ftp path. Post a xenforo forum. then import mybb database. Also import the upload folder. After the migration is complete, delete the mybb upload folder and the old mybb database.
Thank you very much for the idea! I just moved the UPLOADS folder from the other site into the same folder as my XenForo and its now importing. :)

Top Bottom