Fixed  "Like" Buttons Disappeared?

It is the permission settings.. You will need to give access to each group you want to have permission to use it.

I ran into it on my site when my moderator mentioned that he had lost the like option.. went into the ACP and fixed it in 2 minutes for everyone. :)

Jamie

There was a bug so upgrading to b6 would result in the new permission for liking posts being disabled by default. Switch it to allow for the Registered Users group and you should be good to go.

There was a bug so upgrading to b6 would result in the new permission for liking posts being disabled by default. Switch it to allow for the Registered Users group and you should be good to go.
They shoukd've made it ON as default. I'm sure most XF boards use the Like feature a lot.

And that bug is fixed, though note that it's only fixed in the b6 upgrade script (as we can't change things if you already upgraded).

I had this problem too at the beginning.

It should've been better for the devs to set it for the default groups to "Allow".

I did wonder where my Like button had gone, but I automatically assumed it would be something todo with permissions. But that was only because of Kier's post in another thread stopping someone from "Like"ing other posts.

Is it intentional that the like button does not appear in "un-public" sections of the forum?

My wife noticed it was missing yersterday (fresh install of beta 6, running an import from the vBlech 4 database). My initial thought was that it could be due to the specific part of the board being non-public. It did appear in a public part of the forum, so that's what I figured caused it.

What do you mean by non-public sections?

If you have the relevant permissions, Like should appear on all posts and profile comments.

Non-public as in restricted to staff only, or only to members of certain usergroups. And yes, we have the relevant permissions (otherwise we'd not be able to see the thread in question to begin with).

I can check a bit more indepth when I get home, but as stated, the like button did not show up in the staff thread, but was visible in public threads, hence my (perhaps hasty) conclusion.

I was referring to permissions with regards to being able to like posts/comments.

You should check the node permissions for those forums to ensure "Like posts" is set to inherit.

Top Bottom