License Question

Hello, if i was to buy a license, and then it was to expire, does that stop me from using the software, or can I still use it, just not download new versions if they are released?

Thanks for any help.

Hi, I got another licence question. I work with a team, I got my own license, our company meanwhile has two other licences. We work as a team. How many people can we register here in this forum with 3 licences?

Hi, I got another licence question. I work with a team, I got my own license, our company meanwhile has two other licences. We work as a team. How many people can we register here in this forum with 3 licences?
A total of 4 Forum users per license. Only the original license holder will have ability to download the updated versions during support period.

It is per customer account, not per license.
Agreed... that's what happens when you post under the influence of cough medicine heavily laced with codeine. :whistle:

Actually from what he posted they can have a total of 8 forum users and 2 individuals able to download updates during support (if I read right). 1 personal license (his - allows 4 forum accounts) and then 2 to the corporation (assuming the same name like I did my 3 licenses) which allows an additional 4.

"Each license permits you to install the software once. However, you may create a single additional test installation for testing purposes only. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to you and your website staff."
------------------
I need to delete all users except the staff - I understand correctly? Thanks.

You are allowed one test instance, yes. As long as it is protected so that only you and necessary staff have access.
I never understood why does it matter if it's password protected or not if it's on the same domain and not operational (meaning, people don't enter the test area/second installation).

It is within the license agreement:
Before deploying the Software, you must register in the XenForo.com customer area the address (URL) at which You will use the License. This URL must be kept up-to-date. You may create a single additional test installation for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

Any public facing installation can be considered a secondary installation of your license.

It is within the license agreement:

Any public facing installation can be considered a secondary installation of your license.
I didn't ask what the license agreement says, I asked what's the logic behind it since people don't have a direct link to the test area = no way to find it. So why do we need to protect it with a password (that breaks Flash basically)?

I didn't ask what the license agreement says, I asked what's the logic behind it since people don't have a direct link to the test area = no way to find it. So why do we need to protect it with a password (that breaks Flash basically)?
Because you can't guarantee that the site won't be listed by a search engine or that a link to the site won't be passed on to others, inadvertently or otherwise. Plus depending on the test site URL, it is possible to simply guess or work out what it is. I've certainly found 'hidden' test sites before.

Top Bottom