[Liam W] (RIP) Member Self Delete

[Liam W] (RIP) Member Self Delete 2.0.5 Patch Level 5

No permission to download
@Ozzy47 I must be going nuts but I cannot find the self delete option anywhere on the account menu.

EDIT: Looks like account wrapper template mod is not applying at all. Running a test seems to pass yet it's showing as not applied.

Last edited:
Server error log
  • InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'banner_date' on XF:UserProfile[10]
  • src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:194
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Mar 11, 2023 at 20:25 PM
Help me please

How can you assume something without testing, of course it still works even in 2.2.13
I don't assume. There are hundreds of server errors after the upgrade.

Code:
Server error log
InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'PendingAccountDeletion' on XF:User[0] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:213
Generated by: Unknown account 21 May 2023 at 18:15

Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(119): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('PendingAccountD...')
#1 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Listener.php(43): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__get('PendingAccountD...')
#2 src/XF/Extension.php(49): LiamW\AccountDelete\Listener::controllerPreDispatch(Object(XF\Pub\Controller\WhatsNewPost), 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/App.php(2994): XF\Extension->fire('controller_pre_...', Array, 'XF\\Pub\\Controll...')
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Controller.php(128): XF\App->fire('controller_pre_...', Array, 'XF\\Pub\\Controll...')
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(351): XF\Mvc\Controller->preDispatch('Index', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(258): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:WhatsNewPost', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\WhatsNewPost), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\WhatsNewPost), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#9 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#11 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#12 {main}

Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(33) "/neler-yeni/yeni-mesajlar/868474/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

You may want to add some small changes, please.
Every time a user deletes himself, I get a message. Most of times, I dont want to know this.
But I want to know it, if a user with more than x posts wants to delete his account.

Maybe we can have options like:

• use limits?
  • registered longer than x days
  • min posts

if use_limits
-- if registered days and registred days > options.days and/or user.posts > options.posts
---then add a new thread like usual
else
add thread like usual

Hi,

Just after a bit of clarity on one part of this please if that's ok;

4OhL27X.png

What does Disable actually do?
  • Does it allow the user to re-activate the account if they wished to? (as long as you haven't ticked the follow up boxes)
  • Does it HIDE the account (not searchable), not clickable via content they've posted, etc? as thought the account is deleted?
  • What does it show on forum posts by the user if it's disabled? Is their name hyperlinked or..?
  • What good would it be adding the account to any secondary usergroups? Asking for genuine curiosity as I can't think of anything, but maybe useful for me to know

I know this question you may not want to - or may not feel comfortable answering - if that is the case that is totally fine - if a user expected their account to be deleted under GDPR or other privacy/right to removal/etc, does "disable" cut the mustard on that? Or do we have to offer the hard delete?

Any help on the above would be gratefully received :).

@Ozzy47 I must be going nuts but I cannot find the self delete option anywhere on the account menu.

EDIT: Looks like account wrapper template mod is not applying at all. Running a test seems to pass yet it's showing as not applied.
I'm facing the same issue. Can't find any button or link and the test seems also fine.

I'm facing the same issue. Can't find any button or link and the test seems also fine.
Are you looking for it on an Admin (or Moderator?) account? For those, the option is not available. It's only provided for regular accounts.

Top Bottom