Editor & BB Code Manager

Editor & BB Code Manager 2.0.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Amazing mod! Thanks!

I found one issue (XF 2.0.1) ... Using inline spoiler from the tool bar inserts normal SPOILER instead of ISPOILER. Manually modifying the TAGs makes it work.
1514843656697.webp

EDIT: One question ... could you add some control for paste from Word/Excel? As i can see Froala supports this but it is not available. It would be very usefull, especially for tables (as current table-control is quite tricky). Thanks!

Last edited:
I found one issue (XF 2.0.1) ... Using inline spoiler from the tool bar inserts normal SPOILER instead of ISPOILER. Manually modifying the TAGs makes it work.
I'll look into it, thanks for reporting.

EDIT: One question ... could you add some control for paste from Word/Excel? As i can see Froala supports this but it is not available. It would be very usefull, especially for tables (as current table-control is quite tricky). Thanks!
I didn't have any plans to do so. These paste mods are oftentimes really quirky and only make things worse.

Then it might just be XF2s HTML layout. The (missing) responsiveness has nothing to do with my add-on in either way.

Little announcement: The next version will be the last Beta Version. It will include some bug fixes, the old webfonts option from my font manager that allows your users to use any google webfont they want, and maybe a few things from the backlog. The next version after that will be the first stable release, that likely won't include any feature aditions. So if you wish for some functionality to be added that hasn't been mentioned before, feel free to do so now and I will see if I can fit it in for the last Beta.

Would it be possible to add some additional BB-Codes?

External Qoute:
This should look like the internal BB-Code but offer the option to Add a URL and a Name (Wikipedia for example).
[EXTQUOTE="Wikipedia, 'url: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XenForo#XenForo_2']WIKIPEDIA-TEXT[/EXTQUOTE]

Width:
To alter the width of images, attachments or other content.

Float:
To float images in Tutorials or other more article like posts.

Hi @katsulynx . First of all, thank you for your awesome add-on. I can see how much your worked on it and you did this all for free, so I'm impressed and I respect you for this.

I'm using it on a live site (yeah, I'm "brave" enough lol) and I was wondering if it would be possible to make Templates displaying by default on some defined threads. I'm new to XenForo and I was looking for a way to add some fields or templates in my threads, so I found your addon. I know Xenforo 2 has got custom thread fields, but they do not remove the post message (forcing users to fill both the forms and the standard message field), plus, they appear AFTER the post message and it's mostly unnoticeable, so I found your Template bbcode solution to be better and easier to use.

I have a section where people can request stuff and I created the "request template", so I would like to make it displayed by default when people start a thread rather than having them to click in the bbcode toolbar to make it appear in the thread they're starting. Do you think this can be done?

I hope you'll evaluate my suggestion.

Thank you again!

External Qoute

I'll think about this one.

Width:
To alter the width of images, attachments or other content.

Float:
To float images in Tutorials or other more article like posts.

Not sure about those two. It's pretty easy to mess up styling with float especially and manual image scaling is also something that's best done carefully.

I would like to make it displayed by default when people start a thread rather than having them to click in the bbcode toolbar to make it appear in the thread they're starting. Do you think this can be done?

That's nothing I'd consider adding at the moment, as the scope of implementation is quite a tad larger than a new BB code or the like, but it's something I can imagine implementing somewhat in the future.[/ICODE][/QUOTE]

Little announcement: The next version will be the last Beta Version. It will include some bug fixes, the old webfonts option from my font manager that allows your users to use any google webfont they want, and maybe a few things from the backlog. The next version after that will be the first stable release, that likely won't include any feature aditions. So if you wish for some functionality to be added that hasn't been mentioned before, feel free to do so now and I will see if I can fit it in for the last Beta.

Hi Katsulynx,

This has been a very helpful mod and I appreciate all the work you've put into it :) I'm using it on a live forum, albeit with a small handful of users at the moment.

One (hopefully) small request: would it be possible to add an option to display word count to users instead of character count? This would be particularly helpful since many things are tracked by word count on my forum.

I know you've already said you don't want to do it, but I'd at least like to add my voice to the request for some degree of pasting functionality. Even if it's not perfect, for my users to be able to paste over fonts/colors from Word or Google Docs would help greatly. The demo on Froala seems to work rather well, but I know refactoring for Xenforo isn't always a 1:1 conversion. If not for a later update on this, perhaps something worth considering for a paid/premium version of the mod?

Thanks for putting this together and listening to feedback.

It would be nice if this could be used and there was a way to exclude it from effecting the profile leaving members the ability to upload their avatars and signatures from MG.

Sorry for the delayed replies. Life's been a chaotic mess lately, but it slowly starts sorting itself out. I'll be back for you guys as soon as possible and work through all your concerns.

@katsulynx great job with this :).

Question... is it possible to set custom colors into the editor for the text/bg? If not consider it a suggestion, keep up the great work.

Top Bottom