XF 2.1 Kindle Fire wrong screen resolution

Foynat

In XF 2.1 Kindle Fire tablets are detected as mobiles, not tablets, leading to unreadably small text on the screen. I have only tested this using an emulator service but it seems to be an issue.

There's really no concept of detecting what kind of device is being used. We respond only to the viewport width which is why the software hides and changes the layout of elements even if you simply resize your browser even on devices that are not mobiles or tablets.

An emulator is probably not the best way to gauge whether it would work on a live device or not.

If anyone has a live device to test with it would be interesting to see the results but generally I don't expect there to be anything unexpected versus any other tablet of a similar size.

OK I have learnt something new here. This was reported by one of my users but maybe Kindle Fires report the wrong viewport size. I will try to get hold of a real one to investigate.

It also depends on which Fire model it is; some have really low resolution screens so the CSS for the smallest screen size kicks in. It's a problem I have with some Fire 7 & Fire 8 tablets in the family.

Top Bottom