1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forms overlap each other in a different screen resolution

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by scaffolding, Apr 9, 2012.

1. scaffolding

scaffolding Member

Hi,
    I got a problem when some members reported that the posting form overlaps with the right sidebar and the member menu is covered by the search box when they try to make a new post. I don't get this problem so I'm guessing that they use a different screen resolution.
    At first I thought it is because of the widget add-on but Xfrocks told me that this problem has nothing to do with it. I really appreciate if anybody can tell me how to fix it. Thanks a lot :)!

form overlap each other.jpg

2. Floris

Floris Guest

That's a customization. So that's why. Because the default XenForo post-reply or post-thread pages don't have a sidebar.

3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Try adjusting this setting:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Forms -> Form Width

4. scaffolding

scaffolding Member

Thank you for your help. But the problem is that everything is fine in my computer, I'm only getting complaints from users who use a different screen resolution. If I change the form width accordingly, will it look weird in my computer and those who use the same screen resolution as mine?
    And which item should I change so that the search box won't cover the the member menu? Thanks a lot :)!

5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes it uses the same width for everyone. It is not based on the size of the browser window.

Edit this template to change the position of the quick search:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> EXTRA.css

Add this code:

Code:
    #QuickSearch
    {
    	position: absolute;
    	right: 20px !important;
    	top: -18px !important;
    }

You can change the numbers to reposition it.