Keyword Management (Keyword Replace) [Deleted]

@au lait - could you add an option to "Keep original post text" and just add the link to the original post text rather than replacing the text with the keyword entry?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

What exactly do you mean?

I explained it earlier in the thread: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...eyword-replace-paid.93609/page-8#post-1033549

But basically, because this add-on replaces the post text with whatever is written in the Word or Phrase field, it doesn't always match the case of what someone has typed in their forum message.

For example, if I set-up a link to "evans cycles" in the add-on and I don't make it case sensitive, anyone writting 'Evans Cycles' or 'Evans cycles' or 'EVANS cycles' will have their text replaced with 'evans cycles' (notice how it is DIFFERENT to what they typed in their post. It has altered what they've written! (y)).

What I'd prefer is an option NOT to replace the text, but instead just to add the link to it --- and leave the original text exactly as it is.

That way I could add a link for 'Evans Cycles' ... tick the option for --- [x] Do not replace text, just link it --- and it will add a link to all of the following without altering the way it was written: Evans cycles | Evans Cycles | evans cycles | eVans cycles | EvAns CyCles | eVAns CYCles | etc. etc. etc.

At the moment, because of the way the add-on replaces the post text, I am having to put lots of different variations into the list so that it doesn't mess with the way people have written their posts.

I hope that makes some sense, but if not send me a PM and I'll try to clarify it further. (y)

Cheers,

Last edited:
Is there a way to globally set all links to have a default target? I hate how its auto set to blank which results in a new page, as most of my replace keywords are links within my site. A global option default would be great.

Paid for this 3 days ago however the license state still says inactive.
Login into your account.
Go to products.
Go to inactive licenses.
Click on the activate button.
Fill in the both fields (bla bla and http://)
Now it should be activated and you can download it from the active licenses section.

I'm sorry however there is no "activate" button. How about this, I don't have time for blah,blah mumbo jumbo. I paid for the product if you cannot deliver it please refund me or I will file a dispute.

would it be possible to use this the change keywords based on Language Chooser.

In other words, UK members see the word "analogue" in the forum and USA members see it as "analog". And so on.

Thanks for any help.

This will probably fall under the facepalm category, but here's the issue I'm having.

1) Setup a short url. For example an Amazon affiliate link.
2) Setup a keyphrase replacement, use the shortened link (from the drop-down)
3) Search forum for the key phrase "fox boots"
4) Find the link in resulting pages, (has the icon next to it), click.
5) 404.

The url shown on the 404 is the short link as created.

Somewhere along the line, the short link definition is failing, obviously.

6) The same link/key phrase combo works properly (ie; no short url used)

Any idea where to start looking? Thanks in advance.

I found a bug

When you set who can see shortcut/tooltip for usergroups, if member is in several groups, permission is automatically set to yes (can see).

In other words, I am Admin, and also member of default register group. I set that shortcut/tooltip shows to registered, but not for Administrator group, but still I can see shortcut/tooltip

That isn't a bug, it is how XenForo permissions work; they are additive.
OK.
Than reverse set of permission logic.
Instead "who can see", permissions to set "who can not see".

It is all about what addon do. If you have something what benefit user (resource, something value) than permission question is "who can download", but if you have some advertising or something similiar than permission question is "who can not see".

I setup keywords for donation on my forum, and goal is when user donate and become member of donation group, he would not see anymore tooltips/keywords. With this permission setup I can not do that becouse donator member is in main registered group (secondary is donator group), and registered group "can see tooltip"

Maybe solution is some black/white list of usergroup.

Okay, well in that case you'll need a specific usergroup to display the tooltip ads to that is turned off for anyone who donates (or is an administrator or moderator or any other group you want to specify).

You've already got a usergroup for anyone who donates, so ...
  • Create a new usergroup called "Tooltip ads" (it doesn't need any permissions setting - we're only using it to display tooltip ads to people.)
  • Go to Usergroup Promotions and create a new promotion called "Show tooltip ads to non-donors"
  • On the first page, next to - Add User to User Groups: - tick the box for the "Tooltip ads" usergroup
  • Click the tab - Apply This Promotion While... and scroll down a little to the User Groups section
  • Tick the box - User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups: - and select your donations usergroup, your administrators usergroup, and any other groups where you don't want to show tooltip ads such as your moderators, etc.
  • Scroll down and save the promotion
This promotion will now add everyone to the Tooltip ads usergroup unless they are a member of any of the groups you specified above. So it effectively excludes donors and admins/mods from seeing the ads because they are not put into this group.

Now, edit your tooltips and change the usergroup setting to only display to the "Tooltip ads" usergroup. (y)

Cheers,

Yep, that will be solution, but this approach is what I want to avoid, because number of usergroups will just raise in time (if I have to create new usergroup for very addon which has that setup of permissions). :)

Would be much easier and cleaner if there will be option "never show tooltip if user is member of this usergroup", or just some kind of black/whitelist usergroups :D

Top Bottom