Keyword Management (Keyword Replace) [Deleted]

I'm upgrading our server in a couple of weeks and plan to move to PHP 7.

Can anyone confirm if this add-on works on PHP 7? @Stuart Wright do you still have this installed (I notice you've upgraded to PHP 7)?

Thanks,
Shaun

I'm upgrading our server in a couple of weeks and plan to move to PHP 7.

Can anyone confirm if this add-on works on PHP 7? @Stuart Wright do you still have this installed (I notice you've upgraded to PHP 7)?

Thanks,
Shaun

Works fine for us too, php 7.0.12 - nginx - xenforo 1.5.10

Suggestion @au lait : Can we have a toggle, whereby an xml import will OVERWRITE the existing keyword replace list? What I like to do is export the current list, add to it, and then re-import overwriting everything. :)

@au lait I hope you're well. (y)

I have three keyword licenses that are due for renewal, which I want to do to support you, but I'd also really like to see an option to just "link" the keyword/phrase, rather than replace the text of it. It would make things so much easier for me (and possibly others who use the add-on too).

I'm willing to pay towards the cost of introducing this feature - would you mind sending me a PM so we can discuss it (when you are back to work, of course).

Many thanks,
Shaun :D

Last edited:
Give me your wishes....
I'd really appreciate it if we could have this: (y)
@au lait could we have an option to just add the link to the text without replacing it?
So, for example, if the keyword/phrase is Evans Cycles - it will add a link to instances of Evans Cycles; Evans cycles; evans cycles; evans Cycles; eVans cYcles; etc. without replacing the text with Evans Cycles. :)

So doing exactly what it is doing now, but using the text from the post instead of the text in the keyword field in your add-on. :D

What you mean is only: find the keyword, add a link, but dont change the found keyword(s). Right?
Yes.

At the moment, because the add-on REPLACES the post text with the matched keyword text, I have two options.

The first is not to match case, but this replaces the post text with the keyword from the add-on, so a member might post:
I got a real bargain on a new set of Shimano SPDs at evans cycles this weekend.
... which gets converted to this ...
I got a real bargain on a new set of Shimano SPDs at Evans Cycles this weekend.
... notice how the link case is different to what the member posted.

The second option is to use case matching and try to anticipate all of the different ways my members might write:
Evans Cycles
Evans cycles
evans cycles
evans Cyles
etc.

I end up with lots of entries in the add-on for the same link.

The new (third) option I'd like is a tickbox to say something like "Keep post text" so that no matter what case people use, the link will be applied and their case will be respected:
I got a real bargain on a new set of Shimano SPDs at Evans Cycles this weekend.
I got a real bargain on a new set of Shimano SPDs at Evans cycles this weekend.
I got a real bargain on a new set of Shimano SPDs at evans cycles this weekend.
I got a real bargain on a new set of Shimano SPDs at evans Cycles this weekend.

I'd really appreciate it if we could have this: (y)

So, for example, if the keyword/phrase is Evans Cycles - it will add a link to instances of Evans Cycles; Evans cycles; evans cycles; evans Cycles; eVans cYcles; etc. without replacing the text with Evans Cycles. :)

So doing exactly what it is doing now, but using the text from the post instead of the text in the keyword field in your add-on. :D

You mean that?
Screen_20170213010310.webp

Screen_20170213010302.webpScreen_20170213010252.webp

Top Bottom