Just installed my first Xenforo...

Kim

Believe it or not, after 10 years running forums and creating forum themes I have just completed my first EVER install :D Holy Cow Xenforo is easy peasy!!!

I have always had someone do this for me, but now I know how easy it is I will be doing it myself in future!

Feeling very chuffed with myself right now!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Easy peasy!!!
Lemon Squeezy.

Congrats.

4000601923_4e0521cf1c[1].webp

Well done Kim.

To my recollection, other forum software isn't much more difficult than XenForo, so I hereby challenge you to go out and install PHPBB, SMF, IPB and vBulletin... actually... no... don't... they're all horrible. But at least you know you COULD (if you ever went crazy and wanted to).

Well done! :D

Well done Kim.

To my recollection, other forum software isn't much more difficult than XenForo, so I hereby challenge you to go out and install PHPBB, SMF, IPB and vBulletin... actually... no... don't... they're all horrible. But at least you know you COULD (if you ever went crazy and wanted to).

Well done! :D

phpbb was the last forum software I used before buying a XenForo. Installing a modification was a task itself. You had to upload filed, apply edits to a long list of files, and then make edits to templates. Then you went to the install directory.

You really lose motivation when a forum software is like phpbb

phpbb was the last forum software I used before buying a XenForo. Installing a modification was a task itself. You had to upload filed, apply edits to a long list of files, and then make edits to templates. Then you went to the install directory.

You really lose motivation when a forum software is like phpbb
I actually like it when it is some manual work involved in installing, that makes you think twice before undertaking an install. The easier it is to install mods, the less thought you put in before installing.

What I hated the most about phpBB was the updates became so complicated after a few mods, it became hard to keep track of them. But I really liked my phpBB forum, I had put allot of work in to it, and it was very customized. My xF forum is more stock, and doesn't have the unique feeling to it (that also have something to do with me being very busy).

Kim sorry I meant to say poetic and admiring words for you but m y laptop took over. Also struggling with my new win7 ..

I did one XF install and yes it's far far easier than other forums. I'd still rather ask someone to do it though on my others as they can do it very fast without anxiety.

Here's a star for Kim.

star-red-bg-white.gif

Thanks Morgain :) It was certainly a lot less stressful than I thought it would be!

I have to add that the main reason I haven't previously done it, is that I have some wonderful people in my life who have wanted to do it for me, which is lovely, but it is also nice to be able to do things yourself! My hubby is not mechanical, nor very handy, but he does the tech stuff pretty well!

As the hubster is currently overseas it is good to be able to jump in and do it without having to bother him, or wait around, or waste our time together online with forum install chat :p

Kim sorry I meant to say poetic and admiring words for you but m y laptop took over. Also struggling with my new win7 ..

I did one XF install and yes it's far far easier than other forums. I'd still rather ask someone to do it though on my others as they can do it very fast without anxiety.

Here's a star for Kim.

A star? A... Star? You give possibly the most creative designer on xenforo a star? That will not do Morgain, won't do at all. Kim!! I hear by send you my offerings. A severed head. And nicely done. :)

severed head.webp

A star? A... Star? You give possibly the most creative designer on xenforo a star? That will not do Morgain, won't do at all. Kim!! I hear by send you my offerings. A severed head. And nicely done. :)

*gags* erm.. thanks Shelley... always wanted one of those.

Top Bottom