just ate raw eggs

Not exactly.

Complications of salmonella:
  • Death
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Toxic Megacolon
  • Bacteremia (5%)
  • Cardiovascular (25% bacteremic patients over age 50)
  • Abdominal aorta infection
  • Endocarditis
  • Focal infections in immunocompromised patients
  • Meningitis
  • Septic Arthritis
  • Osteomyelitis
  • Cholangitis
  • Pneumonia
Once the bloody diarrhea gets severe enough it can infect the heart and the brain. Sepsis can shut the kidneys down and make death seems preferable.

One important thing to consider is that the shell is the biggest culprit in the infections. Try to not get the shell to mix with the egg.

I think raw foods are very good for you.
But boiled eggs are safer and better than raw eggs.
As well, it's not like heating up the egg proteins (cooking) is like siring steak over open flames on a BBQ (the grill marks on steak cause cancer).

Don't rule out catching things from "cooked food". My daughter had twins and one got rushed into hospital a week later with meningitis. The health people came and questioned what she'd been eating wanting to trace source back. She'd eaten mainly ready cooked chicken and those Vegetable quick meal packs you can buy from supermarket. She was told both are bad and how it was past from mother to baby. Point being, who would have thought?

bruce-eats-raw-egg.webp
before-after-raweggs.webp

Don't rule out catching things from "cooked food". My daughter had twins and one got rushed into hospital a week later with meningitis. The health people came and questioned what she'd been eating wanting to trace source back. She'd eaten mainly ready cooked chicken and those Vegetable quick meal packs you can buy from supermarket. She was told both are bad and how it was past from mother to baby. Point being, who would have thought?

Most importantly, ... is the baby OK ?

That's a weird story really.
Do you remember the name of the bug that caused the Meningitis ?

Newborn meningitis is usually from Group B strep from the mom's birth canal.

Food borne meningitis is quite rare. Listeriosis from cold cuts would be a common source.

Thankfully meningitis is quite rare. Thanks to mandatory H. influenza immunization.

Food borne meningitis is quite rare. Listeriosis from cold cuts would be a common source.

Thankfully meningitis is quite rare. Thanks to mandatory H. influenza immunization.
Quite weird actually. Food borne meningitis...you hardly ever get to hear of that. :confused:

Yes, baby is now doing fine at home. Hearing has not been effected and it seems no brain damage has been picked-up on to date by home nurse visits. This happened months ago now, first week in Jan, 2012.

Quite weird actually. Food borne meningitis...you hardly ever get to hear of that.

Baby was only 1 week old at most and would have had it from birth, but only showed a little later within that first week as symptoms. That's why they said it was past from mother to baby in the end, the odd thing is that the second twin didn't get it. They took blood and checked 2nd to be sure, but was clear of it.

Mother to baby: http://www.meningitis.org/newborn-baby

Baby was only 1 week old at most and would have had it from birth, but only showed a little later within that first week as symptoms. That's why they said it was past from mother to baby in the end, the odd thing is that the second twin didn't get it. They took blood and checked 2nd to be sure, but was clear of it.

Mother to baby: http://www.meningitis.org/newborn-baby
Aaah...that explains it. "Passed from mother to baby" means from the mother's reproductive tract, a very common route, as Digital Doctor mentioned earlier. It didn't mean via feeding. :)

Glad that both mom and the baby are doing great. :)

Thanks.

On a lighter note, I have visions now this is how Bruce must look after just eating them. :ROFLMAO:

005.jpg

Bruce searching for unanswered questions here, to beat Brogan to it!

timthumb.php

And how Bruce looks when beating Brogan "answering members questions" (Ninja'd), all smug like!

pib_character_large_332x363_humpty.jpg

...yikes, I think I'd rather cook them for a few minutes till hard boiled/poached, then eat them

Eggs with a very light sprinkle of salt, plus salard, is awesome, heh

Who remembers "Chucky Egg" as a kid. Put hard boiled egg in a cup with small knob of best butter and mash-up together with a fork. :D

And I nearly forgot about these lethal piano wire egg cutting devices.

it5258102768.jpg

A new receipt for you that some of my (female!) friends love:

- fresh self-made orange juice
- eggs
- cinnamon (optional)

Mix it.

Yes, baby is now doing fine at home. Hearing has not been effected and it seems no brain damage has been picked-up on to date by home nurse visits. This happened months ago now, first week in Jan, 2012.
Newborn meningitis is Group B Strep (GBS) meningitis until proven otherwise.
Mom should have had a swab at 36 weeks to see if she has GBS. Mom should get antibiotics during labor if they have GBS. If the hospital doesn't know the mom's status ... mom should receive antibiotics ... as 25% of mom's have GBS. I assume mom was GBS negative.

I wonder if they cultured something that they felt was possibly food borne. Otherwise, it's quite weird to blame what food mom ate on the baby's meningitis. Almost like they are deflecting the blame because they didn't follow the GBS protocol.

Regardless, the baby is OK, so who cares :)

baby is OK. born first week in Jan, 2012.
For the baby's protection, I would do a few things.
Ask the exact diagnosis ... what was the exact bug that caused the infection.

Get mom to do a GBS swab at her postpartum check (which probably already happened ?) or just do one anyway. This isn't a part of the normal routine, but could help future pregnancies. If it was my wife, I would probably ask the hospital to give antibiotics during her next childbirth (covering GBS) regardless if the GBS swab was negative. I would suggest that if mom does test GBS positive now, it could be very important for the baby and future pregnancies. For legal reasons, the sooner the GBS swab is done ... the better.

It does sound like the baby is OK. Technically, all you really know at this stage is that the baby "wasn't severely harmed". More subtle brain injury will take time to rule out. (Example: It's hard to diagnose autism before 12 months, as newborns aren't neurologically sophisticated anyway).

If you find out the baby had GBS meningitis .... please PM me.

Newborn meningitis is Group B Strep (GBS) meningitis until proven otherwise.
Mom should have had a swab at 36 weeks to see if she has GBS. Mom should get antibiotics during labor if they have GBS. If the hospital doesn't know the mom's status ... mom should receive antibiotics ... as 25% of mom's have GBS. I assume mom was GBS negative.

I wonder if they cultured something that they felt was possibly food borne. Otherwise, it's quite weird to blame what food mom ate on the baby's meningitis. Almost like they are deflecting the blame because they didn't follow the GBS protocol.

Regardless, the baby is OK, so who cares :)
Whoa man...antibiotics for a birthing mother? Is this what the medical profession is recommending? If they (md's) don't know if she has GBS, they would rather give everyone antibiotics on a 1 in 4 chance that the mother has it? I wish medical doctors would start looking at how bad antibiotics are in general. They should only be used in worst case scenarios...but they haven't for a long time and now look what we have now. We have resistant strains. So now what? Come up with some "magic" pill that will work only 12% of the time but cost people $500/month (being facetious though I'm sure there is partial truth to it).

And why would you recommend not eating something that may have some sort of bacteria on it? Wasn't the last major recall on something that had salmonella was spinach? So maybe now we should stop eating all healthy food and eat all the processed crap because they adulterate this "food" so much that bacteria can't even grow on it? Because that's what it sounds like the medical professions is saying.

The body is a miraculous thing. Whether you believe in God or not, we were given all the proper tools to deal with much of the issues we face in the world today. But instead of supplying the body with the proper fuel/food, we eat like **** and hope that some lil medical pill is going to let us die a little slower. When given what it needs, it produces so called "medical miracles". I've seen it personally as well as heard many stories through documentaries like the one mentioned in this thread, "Hungry For Change" (not released yet unless you gained access to the pre-release), Forks Over Knives, Food Matters, etc.

What Jake is doing (a more raw diet) is what we need to get back to. I wish the medical club would get back to its roots (although, I probably wouldn't like that because then they wouldn't be coming to me, as a chiropractor, to actually get off the meds that are killing them and get them back to a truly healthy state) and start re-reading all of Hippocrates' work. One quote I love, "Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food." Hell, he even treated blood disorders and other "dis-eases" with Watercress. He knew more about healing than the current medical field. While the current can help with traumatic injury and if you decide to get surgery for something, they can most certainly do that...but getting people back to health is something 99% of MD's lack knowledge on. Cool...you can get rid of all bacteria in the body...now how are you going to get that same patient back to being healthy?

Oh gosh...and don't get me started on vaccines. Medical students don't do near enough research on vaccines as they should...nor do most medical doctors. Schools and textbooks are told by the pharma companies that make vaccines what the benefits are and don't really say any cons. You get no long term research (I think the longest a vaccine test lab person has been watched was 3-4 weeks). While I may get jumped for this paragraph, it will be by those very people who haven't done any research whatsoever. People looking for immunity need to read how the body actually become immune to something. Nearly everything has to pass through your digestive or pulmonary system, passing through the mucous membranes, allowing the body to recognize the foreign object prior to it entering the blood. Instead, vaccines are injected directly into your body with massive amounts of toxic materials to invoke a greater "immune" response towards the nearly dead or dead virus/bacterium. Too many sketchy things to talk about in this post but when I see an MD (or someone who poses to be one...not quite sure who may have a degree or not) starts posting medical "treatments" or fallacies (research in the medical field has become a joke...it's not based on science anymore for at least 50% of the studies - don't take my word, just look up John Ioannidis's research on the research done in the medical field), I feel it's my duty to put the other side of the story out there, in hopes someone reads these posts and decides to research some of these things therefore becoming more knowledgeable about their own body and choices they can make.

Sorry for making this post rather long...I've been gone for a week and wanted to hit on a few points from posts in the last 2-3 pages.

Whoa man...antibiotics for a birthing mother? Is this what the medical profession is recommending? If they (md's) don't know if she has GBS, they would rather give everyone antibiotics on a 1 in 4 chance that the mother has it? I wish medical doctors would start looking at how bad antibiotics are in general. They should only be used in worst case scenarios...but they haven't for a long time and now look what we have now. We have resistant strains. So now what? Come up with some "magic" pill that will work only 12% of the time but cost people $500/month (being facetious though I'm sure there is partial truth to it).

And why would you recommend not eating something that may have some sort of bacteria on it? Wasn't the last major recall on something that had salmonella was spinach? So maybe now we should stop eating all healthy food and eat all the processed crap because they adulterate this "food" so much that bacteria can't even grow on it? Because that's what it sounds like the medical professions is saying.

The body is a miraculous thing. Whether you believe in God or not, we were given all the proper tools to deal with much of the issues we face in the world today. But instead of supplying the body with the proper fuel/food, we eat like **** and hope that some lil medical pill is going to let us die a little slower. When given what it needs, it produces so called "medical miracles". I've seen it personally as well as heard many stories through documentaries like the one mentioned in this thread, "Hungry For Change" (not released yet unless you gained access to the pre-release), Forks Over Knives, Food Matters, etc.

What Jake is doing (a more raw diet) is what we need to get back to. I wish the medical club would get back to its roots (although, I probably wouldn't like that because then they wouldn't be coming to me, as a chiropractor, to actually get off the meds that are killing them and get them back to a truly healthy state) and start re-reading all of Hippocrates' work. One quote I love, "Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food." Hell, he even treated blood disorders and other "dis-eases" with Watercress. He knew more about healing than the current medical field. While the current can help with traumatic injury and if you decide to get surgery for something, they can most certainly do that...but getting people back to health is something 99% of MD's lack knowledge on. Cool...you can get rid of all bacteria in the body...now how are you going to get that same patient back to being healthy?

Oh gosh...and don't get me started on vaccines. Medical students don't do near enough research on vaccines as they should...nor do most medical doctors. Schools and textbooks are told by the pharma companies that make vaccines what the benefits are and don't really say any cons. You get no long term research (I think the longest a vaccine test lab person has been watched was 3-4 weeks). While I may get jumped for this paragraph, it will be by those very people who haven't done any research whatsoever. People looking for immunity need to read how the body actually become immune to something. Nearly everything has to pass through your digestive or pulmonary system, passing through the mucous membranes, allowing the body to recognize the foreign object prior to it entering the blood. Instead, vaccines are injected directly into your body with massive amounts of toxic materials to invoke a greater "immune" response towards the nearly dead or dead virus/bacterium. Too many sketchy things to talk about in this post but when I see an MD (or someone who poses to be one...not quite sure who may have a degree or not) starts posting medical "treatments" or fallacies (research in the medical field has become a joke...it's not based on science anymore for at least 50% of the studies - don't take my word, just look up John Ioannidis's research on the research done in the medical field), I feel it's my duty to put the other side of the story out there, in hopes someone reads these posts and decides to research some of these things therefore becoming more knowledgeable about their own body and choices they can make.

Sorry for making this post rather long...I've been gone for a week and wanted to hit on a few points from posts in the last 2-3 pages.

Good post.

I did try the other night after the first time almost vomiting and bulking. Like I said, I did give it another shot I can say it wasn't a cracking success story I got as far as the egg reaching the back of my throat and I started gagging and knew going any further would have resulted me in washing the walls down with egg remnants.

Personally, I think what jake is doing is great, all power to him for doing it not many people do it but I can't stomach the thought of slimy egg and the disgusting taste it's just not my thing I'm afraid.

So jake.... How's it coming along since the last time you updated us? (which was yesterday) are you mixing your eggs with altenative flavouring still or taking it without?

I did try the other night after the first time almost vomiting and bulking. Like I said, I did give it another shot I can say it wasn't a cracking success story I got as far as the egg reaching the back of my throat and I started gagging and knew going any further would have resulted me in washing the walls down with egg remnants.

If you swallow them quick then it doesn't matter if you gag. The egg is so slimey that it slides down no matter what. :D

So jake.... How's it coming along since the last time you updated us? (which was yesterday) are you mixing your eggs with altenative flavouring still or taking it without?

Still drinking them straight. I am getting pretty good at it. I usually gag but not as much as when I first started.

I agree.

It was antibiotics that caused the health problems I am now trying to treat with a raw food diet. Candida overgrowth being one, which is a common side effect of antibiotics. The antibiotics kill off your intestinal flora which allows candida to grow unchecked. And our sterile foods (e.g. pasteurized) do nothing to introduce good bacteria back into our systems. At the same time candida thrives on processed sugars in our diets. Candida overgrowth can manifest as a wide variety of health problems.

If you swallow them quick then it doesn't matter if you gag. The egg is so slimey that it slides down no matter what. :D

Still drinking them straight. I am getting pretty good at it. I usually gag but not as much as when I first started.
You're really selling your case for others to try it, Jake. :whistle:

In other news, I think you've now got a party trick that will leave everyone stunned. ;)

Did you by chance watch the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead?

That was a game changer for me. Juicing and feeling young!

If anybody interested, Hulu streams it:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/289122/fat-sick-and-nearly-dead
not to take away from from the eqqztravaganza but these posts changed my life so thanks....I just ordered a serious ass juicer and have designed myself a program to get me back to my peak conditioning like when I trained in martial arts for 4-6 hours a day average.

The video has nothing to do with being fat, what it does speak to is that, it can take the most unhealthy person and help them repair damages with their own body.

Besides going back to the physical routine, and mental stimulation, I am going to do what the awesome dude who made that video did (by the way I would love to shake this guys hand for what he does and for the reasons he does it...much respect to him for giving people their lives back.) which is to only eat juiced vegetables and fruits for a month, after that month or so I will start a dietary plan that I have created and plan to follow meal for meal for the next 180 days. My goal is to weigh 200 lbs (currently 200lbs), be able to bench sets over 200 lbs with no joint pain or noticeable stress, be able to hold my breath for 4 minutes motionless or 1:30 seconds while active and be able to run a 5 minute mile and not have my heart feel like someone lit it on fire. Watching this video made me know I can get back there. I recommend this video to anyone, I am keeping track of everything I do, measurements, weight, lung capacity, even setting up a camera for a time-lapse video of my body change though since I really am camera shy y'all wont be seeing that. I will however pop back in here some time to let everyone know how it goes as far as my success with this and my modified plan.

Thanks for this thread and those posts.

I will start a dietary plan that I have created and plan to follow meal for meal for the next 180 days. My goal is to weigh 200 lbs (currently 200lbs), be able to bench sets over 200 lbs with no joint pain or noticeable stress,
EQnoble, I came to a conclusion that the biggest part of being healthy and in shape is to learn to be and stay hungry. Eat healthy balanced meals in such a way that you always feel hungry. Your belly must always be flat so that you can at any given time see and say hello to your flacid penis standing completely straight with slightly tilted head.

Instead of bench press I would do standing military press and a variety of pull-ups.

Good luck on your juicing.

YES! Antibiotics are abused.
However ......

Mom just gets intravenous antibiotics during labor ... that's it.
The baby gets infected via the vaginal canal during birth.
Most hospitals have "GBS" protocols. The protocols have drastically cut down on neonatal sepsis and meningitis - both of which can either kill or permanently disable newborns.

Although I agree that antibiotics are overused, probably the best example of their use is for the treatment and prevention of meningitis in newborns.

For the protection of the baby and future babies please learn about GBS, and pass my previous post information on to your daughter ... so she can discuss it with her midwife, OB, family doc. Knowledge is Power.

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm still very happy to hear the newborn is doing well.

Top Bottom