just ate raw eggs

Hmm I dunno, 30 minutes in the oven, not to mention preheating, it must cost a fair bit on the electric....just for eggs no less! :p
Wouldn't it be (perhaps) cheaper to boil them in a large saucepan?
You can make 4dozen eggs at a time, whereas with boiling you can only do maybe 8 or so in an average pot.

For large quantities, you'd spend more using a pot.

Depends how big your pot is. I know a person who does buffies for weddings and so forth, she uses a big pot for things like that. Still only uses one gas ring and takes same time more or less to boil 50 eggs in one go.

Size matters! ;)

cooking%20pot%205.jpg

why would she boil so many eggs? catering packs come on cardboard trays. 15 dozen eggs over 6 trays. throw the trays into the steamer and steam for 20 minutes. the eggs will never overcook and there is no water to preheat, plus one less pot to scrub.

Why would you have to scrub a pot clean doing hard boiled eggs? :confused:

And why steam eggs for 20 minutes, when it takes 4-5 minutes cooking them in a big pot with water and some vinegar added? Costs much less!

properly hard boiled eggs are simmered for 13 minutes, not thrown into a rolling boil (unless you like green yolks). a 'four-minute egg' is not hard boiled. the yolk would still be runny.
bear in mind i am a chef of 25 years by trade. arguments arent going to get much mileage with me.

Because what you do is boil them for so long, then leave them standing for a time also before peeling. Anyway, the mother-law has never had any complaints from doing weddings for very large groups and so forth the last 20 years she's been doing it. In fact they love her buffets, which happens to be a second "hobby job" done at weekends because she enjoys doing it.

You even mentioned "scrubbing a pan used for cooking "hard" boiling eggs". And you've been a chef for 25 years? Since when does boiling "hard boiled eggs" in a pan make such a mess, unless of course your a really bad chef? o_O

if you make alot of boiled eggs.
Get the Genie (or something similar).
I think there was an egg cooker I saw that make 12 at a time. I couldn't find it.
The low carb crazies at forum.lowcarber.org would know though.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Because what you do is boil them for so long, then leave them standing for a time also before peeling. Anyway, the mother-law has never had any complaints from doing weddings for very large groups and so forth the last 20 years she's been doing it. In fact they love her buffets, which happens to be a second "hobby job" done at weekends because she enjoys doing it.

You even mentioned "scrubbing a pan used for cooking "hard" boiling eggs". And you've been a chef for 25 years? Since when does boiling "hard boiled eggs" in a pan makes such a mess, unless your a really bad chef? o_O
The residue off the eggshell isn't healthy, and boiled water (Or salt/vinegar) can leave film on the pan.

I disagree with most the correct way I find to boil an egg is log into the admincp >> Appearance and phrasing the egg in a correct manner. It's all about the phrasing of the egg more than the length of time to boil <insert egg type here>. I should know, I've been a wannabe chef for like..... 2 minutes.

I still wanna see Bunce hurling while he tries to scarf raw eggs down...call me crazy :p

Nah your not crazy for asking what I deem an acceptable and quite frankly a validated request. Seeing Jakes face and thinking to himself "I really don't want to be doing this" saying for the camera "bottoms up" pausing for a moment and hurling everywhere. Because it's almost what I did the first and only time drinking raw egg so this is something i feel should be on jakes "Todo" list. Alternatively, Stills of him running to the toliet would be as stated a good enough alternative. :ROFLMAO:

Go jake, round two this time for the camera. :LOL:

You should only eat raw eggs if they are certified salmonella free.

Best way to have eggs is poached on crumpets with a generous sprinkling of black pepper !! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

why do people eat raw eggs in relation to fitness? i see the protein gain of the whites, but egg yolks are nearly 100% cholesterol. whats the benefit?
Well, for one, there is a "compound" in egg whites that, if consumed only egg whites, builds up and becomes toxic. The yolk has the "counter agent" for that.

On top of that...dietary cholesterol is good for you. In fact, cholesterol is good for you. Cholesterol causing heart disease is a myth and has been proven wrong years ago but big pharma and the medical association put way too much money into it hoping it was the "bad guy" that they have just kept riding that wave.

The study done by (the name is escaping me now, I believe the name of the study started with an F) was proved to selectively choose its data. Basically meaning, there is no correlation. And even if you read the info on cholesterol lowering drugs, they specifically state that it hasn't been proven to reduce heart disease or stroke (in fact, it increases both lol).

Think of cholesterol as your bandaid for your arteries. It's actually chronic inflammation that causes these diseases (due to poor diets, such as the Standard American Diet aka SAD diet) and cholesterol goes in and tries to help repair it.

Here's a link to an article about cholesterol's anti-inflammatory properties (link).

And here's another one written by a heart surgeon saying they've had this cholesterol [myth] all wrong (link).

Dr. J

Top Bottom