just ate raw eggs

I ate 2 more raw eggs this morning, but I couldn't bring myself to drink them straight like I did yesterday. So I mixed them in with my veggie drink
WTF is wrong with you? Do you need money to buy some water to boil them first? :)

Pretty sure I would throw an egg into a microwave for 15 seconds before I ate it raw.

3rd day eating raw eggs. It wasn't nearly as bad this time. I think I'm getting the hang of it. You just have to down them fast and not hesitate while you are drinking them, otherwise your throat closes and the texture triggers the gag reflex.

From a health perspective, it's really unlikely that uncooked eggs are better for you than cooked eggs.
And of course raw eggs, also may contain salmonella.

About 142,000 (reported) Americans are infected each year with Salmonella enteritidis from chicken eggs, and about 30 die.[25] The shell of the egg may be contaminated with Salmonella by feces or environment, or its interior (yolk) may be contaminated by penetration of the bacteria through the porous shell or from a hen whose infected ovaries contaminate the egg during egg formation.

Raw eggs are good for you: Myth.

From a health perspective, it's really unlikely that uncooked eggs are better for you than cooked eggs.

About 142,000 (reported) Americans are infected each year with Salmonella enteritidis from chicken eggs, and about 30 die.[25] The shell of the egg may be contaminated with Salmonella by feces or environment, or its interior (yolk) may be contaminated by penetration of the bacteria through the porous shell or from a hen whose infected ovaries contaminate the egg during egg formation.

30 deaths out of 142,000 isn't bad. And what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. ;)

It really comes down to individual tolerance of the bacteria. No food is sterile. The individual's ability to tolerate different foods and the organisms that come with depends on things like immune health and intestinal flora. I have a very tolerant digestive system. I never get sick from food poisoning. My stomach complains when I eat something bad but that's all. It's like, "hey this food sucks but I'll digest it anyways."

Did you by chance watch the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead?

No. Though I do read a lot about the merits of different diets.

But my diet isn't entirely proactive. I am trying to treat some persistent health problems so I experiment with lots of diets and supplements to see what my body likes.

30 deaths out of 142,000 isn't bad. And what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. ;)
Not exactly.

Complications of salmonella:
  • Death
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Toxic Megacolon
  • Bacteremia (5%)
  • Cardiovascular (25% bacteremic patients over age 50)
  • Abdominal aorta infection
  • Endocarditis
  • Focal infections in immunocompromised patients
  • Meningitis
  • Septic Arthritis
  • Osteomyelitis
  • Cholangitis
  • Pneumonia

Once the bloody diarrhea gets severe enough it can infect the heart and the brain. Sepsis can shut the kidneys down and make death seems preferable.

One important thing to consider is that the shell is the biggest culprit in the infections. Try to not get the shell to mix with the egg.

I think raw foods are very good for you.
But boiled eggs are safer and better than raw eggs.
As well, it's not like heating up the egg proteins (cooking) is like siring steak over open flames on a BBQ (the grill marks on steak cause cancer).

Yeah those are problems if you are unhealthy and don't have good defenses. If your body is that weak then you need to build your defenses. Probiotics are a good place to start. Try to avoid antibiotics as they kill your intestinal flora and make you more vulnerable to the diseases you are trying to treat.

I skimmed through that and what I thought was interesting in that link was the folllowing:

Eggs, whether raw or cooked, are extremely high in digestable protein. They also are high in B Vitamins,

It really begs asking the questions: why eat raw eggs if the protein value is high whether it's raw or cooked & why risk eating raw eggs for that matter? what are the real benefits of eating raw eggs over cooked eggs?

Interesting link.

lol... You eating raw eggs the second time reminded me of this...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That reminds me when a certain young lady ate some presidential Raw eggs. I'm quite certain it got her on time magazine. :LOL:

I'm not really sure how to type that noise you make when you screw up your face and go .... eeeuuuwwwwggghhh!!!!

Back on topic - Jake, stick a pan on and boil the little beggers - as B.A. Baracus would say: "You crazy fool!" (y)

Eggs, whether raw or cooked, are extremely high in digestable protein. They also are high in B Vitamins,

Not sure about eggs, but they say it's better not to over-cook vegetables, eat them semi-raw (part cooked) because they retain more vitamins.

Old wife's tale? No idea!

Top Bottom