Fixed  JS-diabled, can't post or preview

Onimua

If JS is disabled, you can browse normally but you can't reply to posts or create threads. If you try to create a thread, you get a general forum error, and this is the same for when you try to reply with the Quick Reply box.

When you try to preview a post, the button doesn't actually do anything.

I wonder if they intend to fully support all actions when browsing without Javascript. They may have simply decided that that is not a needed feature. Personally, I'm undecided on the issue. On one hand, there is no reason everyone can't have a modern browser with a working Javascript implementation. On the other hand, there are legit reasons to be browsing without Javascript-- old browsers where you do not have the option of upgrading, text-only browsers, some mobile devices, etc. I guess, optimally it would be nice to have all actions degrade gracefully to a working non-Javascript version when Javascript is not available.

I wonder if they intend to fully support all actions when browsing without Javascript. They may have simply decided that that is not a needed feature. Personally, I'm undecided on the issue. On one hand, there is no reason everyone can't have a modern browser with a working Javascript implementation. On the other hand, there are legit reasons to be browsing without Javascript-- old browsers where you do not have the option of upgrading, text-only browsers, some mobile devices, etc. I guess, optimally it would be nice to have all actions degrade gracefully to a working non-Javascript version when Javascript is not available.

Basic things like posting/previewing a post should still work at least. Everything else degrades nicely, but posting doesn't work at all. If it wasn't going to be supported, I doubt a lot of other things would support non-JS environments the way they do now.

I'm guessing it's just a bug in the software. It looks like it's trying to submit the message, but it's just that there's a bug somewhere. If it wasn't supported at all I wouldn't think the form would even submit.

Top Bottom