[JoyFreak] Open Graph Image

[JoyFreak] Open Graph Image 2.3.0

No permission to download
Yeah no idea what you’ve done there. Were you testing something and uploaded a picture of XenForo.com ?
No. There is absolutely no reason for there to be a screenshot of xenForo.com forums page. I assumed it must be something the addon does if it can't use the image or there isn't an image.
Anyway I’ve refreshed it for you with the Facebook debugger.
Thanks

No. There is absolutely no reason for there to be a screenshot of xenForo.com forums page. I assumed it must be something the addon does if it can't use the image or there isn't an image.

Thanks
No, the add-on should not do that. No idea why that’s happened. You’ll need to look into it.

It uses the first attachment in the first post. I don’t see an attachment in the first post of that thread you shared two hours ago.
Would it be possible for it to be the first post attached in the thread as with the original description? That would be very nice as many threads have images attached further down rather than post #1

Would it be possible for it to be the first post attached in the thread as with the original description? That would be very nice as many threads have images attached further down rather than post #1
Can look into this. Not sure when right now as I have a lot going on. But will update you as soon as i know.

Thanks
I'm pretty sure that is the default Xenforo behaviour.

I'm pretty sure that is the default Xenforo behaviour.
Interesting where do you get that info?

In what way does xenForo have that behaviour? Obviously it makes sense to me that as the addon doesn't do that and I have not uploaded a screenshot of xeforo.com to my forum either in the threads we are discussing or at all, then it may be caused by some xenForo behaviour but what? Why?

Hi,

I logged on my laptop to check this out and find out why this is happening. I found that you are using an external image. This only works for uploaded images.
Is there a specific reason for this not working on external images?

Because they’re not reliable. The image could get deleted, the site could go down, etc.

Also because we can’t currently check external images dimensions and they may not meet the minimum requirement.

You’re better off uploading the images and having them on your server.

Be nice if there could be an option to enable for all nodes rather than needing to choose individual ones. That way, in the future when I add a new node and undoubtably forget to change this option, it will still be active :)

Be nice if there could be an option to enable for all nodes rather than needing to choose individual ones. That way, in the future when I add a new node and undoubtably forget to change this option, it will still be active :)

I second this. I always forget :(

Thank you for the suggestion! I will add this in the next update, hopefully on my next set of days off.

Been using this with great success but two questions...

The first, I have no options for this add-on. I think I just now realized that.

Second, I would LOVE to have something similar when sharing just a node to social. We have a detailing section, for example, and would be great to show something related to that rather than our default OG.

Edit: Now I'm confused....is this not yours?

1707931711138.webp

I tried this addon with Xf 2.3 beta1, it works with the "general discussion" forum type but not with "article" forum type.
It did the same in v2.2, but are there any plans for adding article forum types to this addon for v2.3 ?

Last edited:
Ignore my last post (above), the Opengraph Image Plugin doesn't appear to work with the 2.3 beta, Facebook and LinkedIn debugger pages are saying the o:image isn't being provided.

Are there any tweaks I can make to the current plugin to make it work with XF v2.3 ?

Ignore my last post (above), the Opengraph Image Plugin doesn't appear to work with the 2.3 beta, Facebook and LinkedIn debugger pages are saying the o:image isn't being provided.

Are there any tweaks I can make to the current plugin to make it work with XF v2.3 ?
I will release an update in due course. Remember that 2.3 is still in beta and is not recommended to be used in production.

Top Bottom