"Joinable" User Groups

Deriel

Greetings,

I have some 8 user groups in my vB installation that are "joinable" - the user asks to join them, and a group moderador approves (or not). I believe that XF doesn't have right now the same functionality, right?

Anybody had the same problem and, if so, what were the solution adopted?

I know the Waindigo Add-on ("Joinable User Groups") bur is there another way? I was thinking about Social Grups add-ons, but none give me the option to convert an actual forum to a social forum.

Any ideas/sugestions?

You'll need custom development to gain all the functionality of the vBulletin Social groups / Joinable groups. It doesn't exist in XenForo.

You'll need custom development to gain all the functionality of the vBulletin Social groups / Joinable groups. It doesn't exist in XenForo.

Ok, but I would like to know what other users did - simply throw away the funcionalty, tried other ways (maybe a request to an admin by conversation?) ou paid a developer :)

You could do this with a custom user field and user group promotion.

It would be automatic though without the ability to moderate it.

You could do this with a custom user field and user group promotion.

It would be automatic though without the ability to moderate it.

Nice one! Thanks for the insight!

It doesn't currently include the feature, but this add-on uses the normal thread system so it is just a matter of a simple database query to move the threads into social groups:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/social-groups-by-waindigo.891/

Just that? Change the node_id in xf_thread table?

Top Bottom