1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Joinable" User Groups

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Deriel, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Deriel

Deriel Well-Known Member

Greetings,

I have some 8 user groups in my vB installation that are "joinable" - the user asks to join them, and a group moderador approves (or not). I believe that XF doesn't have right now the same functionality, right?

Anybody had the same problem and, if so, what were the solution adopted?

I know the Waindigo Add-on ("Joinable User Groups") bur is there another way? I was thinking about Social Grups add-ons, but none give me the option to convert an actual forum to a social forum.

Any ideas/sugestions?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You'll need custom development to gain all the functionality of the vBulletin Social groups / Joinable groups. It doesn't exist in XenForo.

3. Deriel

Deriel Well-Known Member

Ok, but I would like to know what other users did - simply throw away the funcionalty, tried other ways (maybe a request to an admin by conversation?) ou paid a developer :)

4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

5. Deriel

Deriel Well-Known Member

Yes, I intedn to use it - but the threads I already have in the forums will not be transferred. These are actual threads in actual forums. To use Social Groups I would have to archive them in some place, there's no way to move threads between forums and social groups :confused:

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You could do this with a custom user field and user group promotion.

It would be automatic though without the ability to moderate it.

7. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Deriel likes this.
  8. Deriel

Deriel Well-Known Member

Nice one! Thanks for the insight!

Just that? Change the node_id in xf_thread table?