1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Issues with rebuilding "Template Caches"

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by tehMorag, Aug 15, 2013.

1. tehMorag

tehMorag Member

Hey there, I have been having some issues trying to rebuild the Templates Cache when ever I install a addon or change something with Template Modification System (TMS)

This it the order at which things happen
    I have disabled all addons, enabled debug, set enableListeners to false, and set display_errors to true
    I have no errors that come in the APC "tools/Server Error Logs" or the cPanel "error log"
    I have also sent a ticket in the the host service (Name.com) to see if it is something on there end

Next step is to start removing addons at this point if there is nothing else I can do
    I also do not have a backup - Fairly new site that I could rebuild again with TMS export (hopefully)

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Try viewing the page source to see if any other details are available when the error occurs.

Unlikely but it's worth a try.

3. tehMorag

tehMorag Member

No extra detail in the source of the first (xenforo) or second (internal server) error

4. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

It's your server lacks/limits resoruces.

5. tehMorag

tehMorag Member

Thank you, I will confirm with hosting

Was working fine a few weeks ago then I started to make some TMS edits then it started happening
    Edits were going live but when I started to install new addons, they would break :/

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are you on shared hosting, vps or dedicated?

How many styles do you have installed?

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Hey, I've actually watched you on Twitch before. :)

TMS does change the rebuild process IIRC. Go to <url>/install/ and rebuild the master data there. Can you get through that? If so, there may be some indication of TMS being involved. (Though if you trigger the cache rebuild with enableListeners = false in the config, you shouldn't be affected by it.)

How many styles do you have on your board? (Even disabled ones.) How many languages do you have? If you can reduce either of those, that will make the process faster.

Finally, 1.2 does significantly change the template rebuild process and it's usually faster, though obviously if you have a bunch of add-ons, you'd want to confirm that they're compatible with 1.2.

8. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

I think only Shared Hosting is available @ Name.com

9. tehMorag

tehMorag Member

Shared and 4 (default, Flexile standalone, Flexile dark, Flexile dark TEST)

Nice, hope you enjoyed your self while you were there :)

Was able to get there but sadly was not able to rebuild it - Crashed at the same point (now the layout of the /admin is almost unusable)
    Total of 4 styles (list above)
    Default language of English

And I have been looking at getting 1.2 but Flexile hasn't been updated yet for it but I have been testing it and loving it on a local machine

You can get VPS but I was looking to downgrade and have run xenforo on Shared before with InMotion Hosting

10. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you want to submit a ticket with admin CP access and FTP access details, I can look into determining the cause. I suspect that the server may just be killing the PHP process.

RoldanLT likes this.
  11. tehMorag

tehMorag Member

Finally got a ticket response and I am being told that I am using my CPU resources and to look in to my cache settings and see if a plugin or script is causing this

submitting a ticket now for you