1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rebuilding templates fails

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Luxus, May 26, 2013.

1. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

First off, I have been importing over 100 language files (all of the same language) and only once my database table crashed. This time something else broke, the rebuilding of templates. When I attempt to import a language file, everything goes smooth until the rebuilding of templates starts. I get this error:

An error occured or the request was stopped.

And then this error changes to this

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in C:\Winginx\home\xen\library\XenForo\Template\Compiler\Lexer.php on line 1275

Of course I haven't touched any core files, so I have no idea where the unexpected '<' came from. Strange is that nothing was recorded in the server error log. I have restarted Winginx but the error persisted. Any other ideas?
  2. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

Update: The File Health Check says this:

File does not contain expected contents.

I have overwritten the Lexer.php file with a fresh copy and the problem is solved. So this means that something changed the Lexer.php file. How is this possible? A bug in the compiler code?
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Do you have a copy of the modified file?
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There's nothing that would write to that file though.
  5. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

No sorry I hastily overwrote it :(
    But I checked line 1275 of both files and couldn't find the mentioned '<' character in either file. Both had the same line:
    $r = $this->{'yy_r9_' . $this->token}($yysubmatches);
    If there is nothing that writes to that file I speculate that some add-on did this, perhaps TMS. Of course I have nothing to back this up.