Is xf_session table supposed to be empty?

LPH

I noticed that the xf_session is always empty. The xf_session_activity has data but the xf_session_admin is also empty.

Is this normal?

Update: I just checked my local installation and there is an entry. :(

But I am logged into the forum :(

I log into the forum, check database, and nothing changes. In contrast, the local install updates immediately.

Thank you both for replying. No, I'm not using memcache.

Could the database table be corrupt? I've tried a repair, tried to compare local and live tables for xf_session and they look the same.

Are you using any cache at all? APC, memcache, file, etc. It would be defined in your library/config.php file.

Or maybe you are looking at the wrong database?

My xf_session table is also empty but we store sessions in cache using APC.. do you use a cache extension?

The /library/config.php has

Code:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['cacheSessions'] = true;
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'File';
$config['cache']['backendOptions'] ['cache_dir'] = '/path/to/tuxreportsnetwork.com/community/internal_data/cache';
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions']['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xf_';

$config['cache']['backend'] = 'File';
$config['adminLogLength'] = 30;

So, maybe I should be looking into that folder to see the sessions are being written there.

Update: Oh my ! There are tons of files in that folder ending with the session. Very cool. Sad news for my idea on something else. Oh well.

Not sure that's correct.

There's an xf_session_admin table for ACP sessions.
I just tried it on my localhost before I posted that and found it to be true in that instance. I didn't look too deep past that, only found one thing that didn't leave it empty. Clearly it seems something that's setting-based.

I just tried it on my localhost before I posted that and found it to be true in that instance. I didn't look too deep past that, only found one thing that didn't leave it empty. Clearly it seems something that's setting-based.
As above, it's because sessions are being stored in the cache because of how config.php is set.

Top Bottom