• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Is xf_session table supposed to be empty?

LPH

I noticed that the xf_session is always empty. The xf_session_activity has data but the xf_session_admin is also empty.

Is this normal?

Update: I just checked my local installation and there is an entry. :(

LPH

But I am logged into the forum :(

I log into the forum, check database, and nothing changes. In contrast, the local install updates immediately.

LPH

Thank you both for replying. No, I'm not using memcache.

Could the database table be corrupt? I've tried a repair, tried to compare local and live tables for xf_session and they look the same.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Are you using any cache at all? APC, memcache, file, etc. It would be defined in your library/config.php file.

Or maybe you are looking at the wrong database?

LPH

My xf_session table is also empty but we store sessions in cache using APC.. do you use a cache extension?
The /library/config.php has

Code:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['cacheSessions'] = true;
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'File';
$config['cache']['backendOptions'] ['cache_dir'] = '/path/to/tuxreportsnetwork.com/community/internal_data/cache';
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions']['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xf_';

$config['cache']['backend'] = 'File';
$config['adminLogLength'] = 30;
So, maybe I should be looking into that folder to see the sessions are being written there.

Update: Oh my ! There are tons of files in that folder ending with the session. Very cool. Sad news for my idea on something else. Oh well.

Onimua

Not sure that's correct.

There's an xf_session_admin table for ACP sessions.
I just tried it on my localhost before I posted that and found it to be true in that instance. I didn't look too deep past that, only found one thing that didn't leave it empty. Clearly it seems something that's setting-based.

Jeremy P

I just tried it on my localhost before I posted that and found it to be true in that instance. I didn't look too deep past that, only found one thing that didn't leave it empty. Clearly it seems something that's setting-based.
As above, it's because sessions are being stored in the cache because of how config.php is set.

Cool

may usefull for them wich may integrate the blab chat(http://hot-things.net/)
the session cache has to be set to "false" otherweise the chat is not able to get the session id for the users.

may the chat-programmer change that in future.