is vb turning into a bloatware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maidos

i think it is the customer choice to install the third party script and not integrate to the vbcore system. Seriously who want to pay 9600 usd (my member amount would result that much cost)to send a newsletter? and now they introduce skimlinks into the vbcore as it can be seen on admin control panel on latest vb version.
Doubt majority of customers actually will use it and its actually turning into a bloatware and a terrible one. The question is though, did the HQ got paid by these companies to implement their product into vb?
if they decide to integrate more third party script into their core, i was wondering if they will add less functions and rely more on third party integration features?

You can be assured that the native options for newsletters will never improve now that vBulletin can make money from third parties.

Well each company has its own way of doing things, however I must say as a customer, I don't like the things you mention, I have to agree with your statements. This is probably not the place to talk about it though. I never liked the idea of talking negative about a company on a competition website.

An axiom in business is that it's easier to sell more to your existing customers than to find new customers. In the IB business model you leverage what you have by monetizing in every way possible. They don't need great code, they have a customer base to feed off of. Not a bad business business model, but it's very intolerant of usurpers who might gnaw away at their base.

I am not vb user but I think they can do anything they want they see fit at the current situation, not all customers will fly with it but most likely some will.. so yeah this is pointless
tongue.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom