Is this possible?

kailew

Hi,
because of the well discussed problems with vB I'm on the edge to switch to another system. And I guess that xF would be the best for me ... for quite a lot of reasons. My community is the biggest german portugal-related community: http://www.portugalforum.org/

It's a little bit like a news portal but has also some articles in different categories. The news are normal forum threads which I can post on the front page by clicking a checkbox. I'm using a portal/cms which is also discontinued like vBSEO. This portal (vBCMS) has a lot of default different modules (widgets) and I can do a lot of very detailed tuning which usergroup can see which module. I can fill these modules with normal HTML-Stuff but also with php. And the portal allows me to organise sidebars. On the front page I have two - right and left - and in the forum only on the right side. But left or right and left would be possible also. I can use the forum threads as content for the portal but there's an additional article system where the users can do comments. And a lot of other stuff which I'm not using.

I don't think so, but still like to ask: Is something like that possible with xF?

Kai

Thanks, looks quite interesting. But the framework seems to need a lot of customizing and maybe also programming work. I'm not a coder, it always means strong effort and sleepless nights for me, to change things that way. Or am I wrong?

Now I have a gui for the modules, where I can see their position and change it very easy. And also content and usergroup permissions are controlled by this gui.

Thanks, looks quite interesting. But the framework seems to need a lot of customizing and maybe also programming work. I'm not a coder, it always means strong effort and sleepless nights for me, to change things that way. Or am I wrong?

Now I have a gui for the modules, where I can see their position and change it very easy. And also content and usergroup permissions are controlled by this gui.

Widget framework is an extremely easy and flexible plugin, on top of that it's built extremely well and supported by the almighty @xfrocks , his support is top notch if you need help :)

Top Bottom