1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this possible?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by kailew, Nov 2, 2013.

1. kailew

kailew Member

because of the well discussed problems with vB I'm on the edge to switch to another system. And I guess that xF would be the best for me ... for quite a lot of reasons. My community is the biggest german portugal-related community: http://www.portugalforum.org/

It's a little bit like a news portal but has also some articles in different categories. The news are normal forum threads which I can post on the front page by clicking a checkbox. I'm using a portal/cms which is also discontinued like vBSEO. This portal (vBCMS) has a lot of default different modules (widgets) and I can do a lot of very detailed tuning which usergroup can see which module. I can fill these modules with normal HTML-Stuff but also with php. And the portal allows me to organise sidebars. On the front page I have two - right and left - and in the forum only on the right side. But left or right and left would be possible also. I can use the forum threads as content for the portal but there's an additional article system where the users can do comments. And a lot of other stuff which I'm not using.

I don't think so, but still like to ask: Is something like that possible with xF?

2. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

kailew likes this.
  3. kailew

kailew Member

Thanks, looks quite interesting. But the framework seems to need a lot of customizing and maybe also programming work. I'm not a coder, it always means strong effort and sleepless nights for me, to change things that way. Or am I wrong?

Now I have a gui for the modules, where I can see their position and change it very easy. And also content and usergroup permissions are controlled by this gui.
  4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Widget framework is an extremely easy and flexible plugin, on top of that it's built extremely well and supported by the almighty @xfrocks , his support is top notch if you need help :)
    xfrocks, kailew and oman like this.