1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a problem with Xenforo, or Imagemagick?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by DarkGizmo, Jun 8, 2013.

1. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo Active Member

Okay so I've tried asking my host for help but we can't seem to get a proper solution....

if you see my profile http://revillution.com/members/smokey.1/ You can see in my avatar area the frog is animated properly, but if you look anywhere else on the board, it's slow and laggy/sluggish......can this be resolved within Xenforo? Or is it an issue with Imagemagick? someone please shed some light on this......the image appears fine in a few places but in most, it's laggy and gittery.......this goes for every animated gif i used...so it's not the GIF itself, something is wrong in either XF or imagemagick....

2. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

The .gif works fine on my site. Have you gone into Style Properties -> General, checked allow animation and given it a multiplier of 1?

3. Rigel Kentaurus

Rigel Kentaurus Well-Known Member

LPH likes this.
  4. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo Active Member

So it's a skin issue that can fix it?

5. Rigel Kentaurus

Rigel Kentaurus Well-Known Member

If you have access to it, might be worth it to make sure ImageMagick is updated in your server
    I just did this ...

1) Downloaded your dancing frog avatar
    2) Ran convert 1.gif -resize 80X80 1s.gif

.... granted, that is not exactly what XenForo does since it uses the imagick extension rather than running the command line binary, but at least that shows that ImageMagick can resize the gif

My version is
    Version: ImageMagick 6.7.8-10

Puntocom likes this.
  6. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo Active Member

That's already done....

Edit: I don't have access to it.....this is from my host:
    Not sure if that makes any difference......

7. Tracy Perry

I did a copy of his avatar over to my desktop and uploaded it as mine on my forum and the frames that are showing in your example image aren't for me. You can see a quick .mov of it at http://twowheeldemon.com/examples/example.mov (warning it's 15.8mb in size and will only be there for a short time).

8. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo Active Member

Well, the animation thing in the style is set and the multiplier is set to 1.....so what do I do?

9. Tracy Perry

This is what I'm running.

imagick module version 3.1.oRC2
    ImageMagick version ImageMagick 6.7.7-10 2012-11-06 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org

10. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo Active Member

Thanks Tracy, I just sent your message to Hawkhost.....gonna see if there's something on their end they can do. :) Also forwarded your vid to them (I uploaded it to my own host in case yo take it down before they can see it) so we'll see if they can fix the issue for me

11. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Was this avatar in place before you installed ImageMagick & imagick?

Have you tried re-uploading it? Works fine on my installs..

12. Tracy Perry

Just signed up on your site and was trying to upload your avatar to use for mine to see if it has the same problem. No ability to upload avatars for new members?

13. Tracy Perry

Just uploaded an animated and it's displaying fine on your site. The one I downloaded from you won't.
    EDIT: Some others I tried did the same thing yours is doing - and they work fine for my forum - so pretty sure it is your host setup.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  14. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo Active Member

Yes, and yes...

Terry: Thanks, I let my host know and hopefully they'll figure it out and get it sorted.

15. Puntocom

Puntocom Well-Known Member

Did you find a solution? I have the same problem :(

php5-imagick 3.1.0~rc1-1+b2
    imagemagick 8:6.7.7.10-5