Is there a post from Kier...

Wow, Michael's fantastic idea of everyone giving their legal rights away by canceling their vB licenses and now this !!!

I should give up, you people just don't get it !!

I'm not going to tell anyone what to do with their vBulletin license, but look at the track record. Did you buy a vBulletin 4 suite? If so, they have your money. If not, you are probably not going to give them any money in the future. Either way, I can't think of a situation where they are going to give a rat's anything about your licence cancellation. If it suits you to cancel your license, feel free to do so, but I very much doubt that Bob Brisco or anyone else with an actual voice in the matter would ever hear about it. Corporate reality, I'm afraid. You're no longer dealing with a company where the decision makers interact with the customers.

I don't want to upset Michael or you Shelley, you both already decided to do what you did based on the principal of the matter and that is fine, but the fact remains that the contract gives you as the buyer of a 'lifetime license' legal rights, that is unless you accepted an updated EULA by taking any IB updates.

Bob Brisco could have not dreamed of a better way to deal with disgruntled and vocal customers than license cancellation, what I am trying to tell folks is not to give away their legal rights, the reason being, there might be legal action in the future that will force IB or whoever they eventually sell vB to, to provide value to the legacy license owners according to the original EULA for those who still have it.

What if Adobe buys vBulletin and offers vB 3 owners a new software deal ?

Do we know what is going to happen in the far future ?

I don't want to upset Michael or you Shelley, you both already decided to do what you did based on the principal of the matter and that is fine, but the fact remains that the contract gives you as the buyer of a 'lifetime license' legal rights, that is unless you accepted an updated EULA by taking any IB updates.

Bob Brisco could have not dreamed of a better way to deal with disgruntled and vocal customers than license cancellation, what I am trying to tell folks is not to give away their legal rights, the reason being, there might be legal action in the future that will force IB or whoever they eventually sell vB to, to provide value to the legacy license owners according to the original EULA for those who still have it.

Do we know what is going to happen in the far future ?

First of all don't worry about hurting my feelings. I wouldn't imagine that is possible.

Personally, I couldn't care less about what rights I thrown away, I'm not going to loose any sleep over it. Whether uncle bob likes the fact that vocal people have did what they did is irrelevant. I didn't do it because what bob would like, or what rights I thrown away. I did it for the same reason I removed my content from their sister site, I don't want to be associated with them in any way.

What if adobe purchased vbulletin? I'd say great, look after your customers they deserve it. Xenforo is the software I support, even if vbulletin were made free I would still support a software (xenforo in this case), and the people that are developing it 100%.

Seriously, why is it so hard to understand that some people don't give a damn about legal action, law suits, class action suits and the like? Cancelling the license is one way to finish the case once and forever for those who know exactly they are not going to do business with IB ever again. Don't look back, look forward. Whether or not IB will care or even notice these actions is probably not even remotely relevant to them.

What if hell freezes over and no one is going to watch it?

By the way, the odds of Adobe acquiring vb solutions is most likely smaller than the chance of getting hit right in the face by a near earth object.

Top Bottom