Is the URL structure customisable?

Enigma

Code:
/threads/is-the-url-structure-customisable.51

Can this URL structure be easily changed in the Admin CP?

Just like I said in another thread, the URL structure should support other forum structures or at least work something out to redirect from the old URL to the new migrated URLs. That will ease the migration process and admins will feel a lot more comfortable without fear of loosing SEO and traffic and money.

I have not experienced it first hand, but I was informed unofficially that it has (at the moment) a few options, and a prefix. The prefix being the ".51". I hope to get some more info about the back-end so I can perhaps make a demo video to demonstrate it live to users.

The URL structure is not customizable at this time. Getting things like forum titles in there is tricky, at least to ensure the data is always available to the link builder. Not to mention the obvious possibility of conflicts, given that all the URLs are in the <prefix>/<action> or <prefix>/<content>/<action>.

It's a little hard to explain, but it would be possible to build a URL scheme on top of what's there, though that hasn't been tried yet.

I do have a 301 redirector for vB3's showthread/forumdisplay/member.php links, as I needed that to convert my board, but that's sort of a different issue. Having "support" for imported content URLs is a nightmare, particularly if they conflict with our URLs.

I should clarify that while the URL scheme is not customizable at present, that is not to say that it never will be.

All our URLs are built dynamically (links to this thread would look like <a href="{xen:link threads, $thread}">) so there's nothing to stop us extending our link builder and router systems to support various different schemes in the future.

Top Bottom