Is Kier Still With the Development of XF?

Wow... just Wow!

I'm pretty surprised at this question. Given the constant innovation, frequent activity and definite regular development that is clear to see by all I don't think such questions should get asked because frankly, xenForo is far from being at the standstill that would make questions like that barely justifiable.

Back in the days when all development and activity seemed to be on hold, due to a looming court case, we may have all been excused for asking many many questions - as customers we paid our money and had a right to know if development, when development, would continue because it was visibly dead for a time. There was also speculation for a while if I recall that Mike was no longer around and would not come back.

However, that was then and under those circumstances such questions were more acceptable and justified albeit quite uncomfortable.

Today, given the efforts, activity and innovation in taking the product forward your comments absolutely came over as cheeky, insulting and to a large extend rather ignorant. How you can be disappointed with everything being packed into 1.5 is simply astounding. Everything being added is innovative - to say it's not is just an insult not only to the development team, but also to a bunch of add-on developers who were innovative enough to make the add-ons now being replaced with native code.

:mad:

Fear not, I am still here and all is well. I'm beavering away on XF2 primarily, while Mike and Chris are hard at work bringing you 1.5.

@Kier how close to a teaser HYS for XF2?

And kudos to @Mike and @Chris D for their excellent work on XF 1.5. I look forward to its release.

Keep up the great work, and more importantly the second-to-none support by all staff members.

Fear not, I am still here and all is well. I'm beavering away on XF2 primarily, while Mike and Chris are hard at work bringing you 1.5.

UZwXUe64RxarBR4alhG1_bow_down.jpg

The obvious question is... why am I asking
First post should have ended here and it would be perfect!

I am glad 1.5 is feature rich and contains most wanted suggestions, many folks would be like me who depend very less on third party add-ons and would prefer a core solution. XenForo innovates, it doesn't just add features - it implements them in different ways to traditional and imrpovises on those.

This thread is pretty insulting as others have stated, but if you're expecting to see great innovation from an x.X.x release, then that is something you've brought on yourself. Now if 2.0 is lacking some innovative features then I can see some need to raise discussion/questions...but this was a poor way to do so.
I understand some XF team may be upset by this, but it doesn't make it any less true.
Sure it does, because no one knows the actual source of the innovative ideas that come from XenForo team. Chris is new to the team so obviously it's easier to assume that he hasn't had as much influence on the XenForo 1.x project. However, if I were to say that all of the innovation from their team meetings came from Mike's input, can you prove that as being false? Regardless, I wouldn't say that because anyone who has worked on a team to develop a project knows that ideas flow from all directions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom