Is it possible to extend the XenForo demo period

Lone Wolf

I've been playing around with the demo for a few days and I've customised it and added some skins too. It expires today but I havent finished testing.

In the past with VB and IPB they both allowed me to extend my demo for a couple of weeks and in the end I went with VB. Is it possible for this to happen in XF? It's really frustrating to have to reboot the demo every 3 days and lose all the work you've done.

I haven't really used the online Demo but you could try exporting the styles you've made and then importing them to a new demo instance.

I can't confirm whether this will work or not though.

yeah but then you've still got to recreate threads and forums and permissions and users, etc. On other forums like VB and IPB they have limited demos too but they allow users who need a bit more time to extend their demos.

I think it's important for those of us who like to customise our forums a lot to be able to have a proper look at the XF software before taking a huge chance and moving away from a software we've been using for half a decade or more.

yeah but then you've still got to recreate threads and forums and permissions and users, etc. On other forums like VB and IPB they have limited demos too but they allow users who need a bit more time to extend their demos.

I think it's important for those of us who like to customise our forums a lot to be able to have a proper look at the XF software before taking a huge chance and moving away from a software we've been using for half a decade or more.
You can buy a XenForo license and do all the testing till you satisfied. If you end up finding it unfit for your site, you can sell it after 3 months.

You can buy a XenForo license and do all the testing till you satisfied. If you end up finding it unfit for your site, you can sell it after 3 months.

I'm aware of that but it includes a lot of unnecessary hassle.

Also as a general point, if you're setting up your first community and the likes of VB, IPB and others are flexible about extended demo testing then you'll wonder why XF aren't.

I'm aware of that but it includes a lot of unnecessary hassle.

Also as a general point, if you're setting up your first community and the likes of VB, IPB and others are flexible about extended demo testing then you'll wonder why XF aren't.
I don't think anyone has asked about extending time on the demos yet.

Your best bet would be sending in a request through the contact form.

I don't think anyone has asked about extending time on the demos yet.

Your best bet would be sending in a request through the contact form.

The reason I didnt use the contact form was because it says not to use it for technical queries.

But after your post I tried it and Mike responded by extending the period, so thanks for suggesting it.

Also a big thanks to Mike for his prompt response and resolution.

Top Bottom