XF 2.2 Is it possible to protect the founders admin account from being messed with by other super admins

MylaChu

Hi!

Recently bought xenforo and its working great! i just had a quick question, it seems that if i add another super admin they are able to remove me as an admin, iknow i could just not make them a super admin, but i was searching around and from an older thread i heard its possible to elevate the founders admin account so it could not be messed with by other admins, if im not mistaken, and i was just curious. Is it possible to make the founders admin account immune to deletion/edits from other super admins?

Solution
elevate an admin above others hence why i was curious how this could be done, if this is even still a thing at all since its quite an old thread
That's the super admin. The first admin you create on install is a super admin by default. Then you use that account to promote other accounts but you can choose whether they are admins or superadmins. But all regular admins are roughly equal (you do have some finer grained control over certain rights but I have never made use of that). Only superadmins are "above" the others.
Why have more than one SuperAdmin? It's really only needed for fairly specific tasks like promoting/demoting regular admins. I have one superadmin account that I and the other admin share. Our day-to-day admin work is done under our regular admin accounts. So create just one superadmin and then don't give other admin(s) the password to that account (but I also recommend not making that superadmin an "everyday" account, should be used only for superadmin tasks). They can still do other admin tasks as regular admins but you control the keys to the kingdom, so to speak, and control the promotion and demotion of admins and superadmins.

Why have more than one SuperAdmin? It's really only needed for fairly specific tasks like promoting/demoting regular admins. I have one superadmin account that I and the other admin share. Our day-to-day admin work is done under our regular admin accounts. So create just one superadmin and then don't give other admin(s) the password to that account (but I also recommend not making that superadmin an "everyday" account, should be used only for superadmin tasks). They can still do other admin tasks as regular admins but you control the keys to the kingdom, so to speak, and control the promotion and demotion of admins and superadmins.
Thats true, that is also kinda my plan but i think i did a bad job explaining exactly what i meant, I read in a different thread (This one specificly) that its possible to elevate an admin above others hence why i was curious how this could be done, if this is even still a thing at all since its quite an old thread

elevate an admin above others hence why i was curious how this could be done, if this is even still a thing at all since its quite an old thread
That's the super admin. The first admin you create on install is a super admin by default. Then you use that account to promote other accounts but you can choose whether they are admins or superadmins. But all regular admins are roughly equal (you do have some finer grained control over certain rights but I have never made use of that). Only superadmins are "above" the others.

Solution
Aaah alright, sorry i think i misunderstood the previous thread into thinking that super admins could be elevated above other super admins in some way, thank you for clearing that up!

Top Bottom