Is it just me, or do we all here feel as though we're actually being listened to.

TNCclubman

I feel as though we're part of the shaping of xenforo and Kier and the boys/girls are actually listening to all our tidbits as if we're in some giant round table meeting of brainstorming ideas.

I really feel like part of the family.

No other software management team has ever made me feel this way. Good job guys.

How many other software companies open up to their future client base like they have here?

NONE!.........

I remember one that used to ......... so it would appear that good business isn't about time lines and money it's about good relationships and quality products ......... now who would of thought ;)

Now all we need is the world to stop buying tat and accepting poor business relationships and things will be a lot better for all :)

I feel like going on a crusade !

Trust me, we already are ;).

Good, I have been for just about all of my professional life, seeing what happens when you compromise quality of product or aren't honest with customers ........ it's so blatant to me it's infuriating when I see it. I think having worked for telco/government/military/early vB ground that into me.

am i personally being listened to? i doubt it, although k&m are obviously listening to us as a group.
unfortunately, it feels to me as if there is a certain vocal group of 'fanbois' that drown out much of the discussion. i hope that k&m know better than to assume this loud and ever present group are representative of their customer base.

dieketzer, I've no idea what you are referring to. I am new to forms in the last 2 years and I really don't know Kier & Mike. I am however giving my input regarding certain aspects of the software as things are brought up. It is my hope that is useful input.

There is obviously much history I am not aware of, but all I see are others giving their own input, nothing beyond that. If there is a fanbois or other clique I am not seeing it, and I am usually really good at detecting those things.

Just letting you know 1 outsiders perspective.

I will just say that there is a certain philosophy and vision guiding the XenForo development. That philosophy and vision has delivered what you see so far, which the vast majority of people seem to like very much, so I would not concern yourself overly with ideas that the project will be derailed by any vocal minority who may disagree with the direction we are taking.

With vision like this, I don't need to be listened to. I keep looking for things to add or something I don't like, but I've got nothing. Literally.

Short of the price being $1,000,000 or "RobS is a ****" being written somewhere in the code, I am well and truly sold.

I will just say that there is a certain philosophy and vision guiding the XenForo development. That philosophy and vision has delivered what you see so far, which the vast majority of people seem to like very much, so I would not concern yourself overly with ideas that the project will be derailed by any vocal minority who may disagree with the direction we are taking.

Kier and Mike ... We don't just like your philosophy or vision of what has been delivered so for ... we LOVE it. :D

So has anyone done a comparison of the various "similar" platforms and seen what add-ons / mods have made "MOTM" or are the most downloaded etc...

Yeah I know - even I don't want the "kitchen sink" - but it COULD be a good start to know what might make this product move forward with a larger share of the current board owners.