Is it just me, or do we all here feel as though we're actually being listened to.

TNCclubman

I feel as though we're part of the shaping of xenforo and Kier and the boys/girls are actually listening to all our tidbits as if we're in some giant round table meeting of brainstorming ideas.

I really feel like part of the family.

No other software management team has ever made me feel this way. Good job guys.

Ex-actly.
Words fail to convey the crystal understanding, the bright edged image I have in my mind of what we can accomplish as community builders using the tools Mike and Kier have built and are continuing to build here. I love the fact that they grok the visual side of things while understanding that remaining lightweight and fast is of utmost importance. The user experience is everything. And being here in a forum development community that once more feels empowered... It's priceless.

Thank you.

We use the avatar as the primary means of identifying members with XenForo - hence why the username is so de-emphasised on the unit next to messages.

Therefore, it is useful to be notified if someone's avatar changes so that you know that you should not expect to see the old familiar graphic.

True, I always use an avatar to recognise someone, that's why when people change their avatars on twitter it gets confusing.

What we have here is constant feedback. It's a style of development used by many private project whereby there is constant communication and feedback between customer and developer. This is the way it should be. Whilst communication can be somewhat restrictive, the benefit majorly overweigh the issues. The customers have more trust, and actually see the developers in action - but are also more sympathetic in situations where a coding error has sprung up.

How many other software companies open up to their future client base like they have here?

NONE!

This is slated to be by far a top contender in the forum world. This is the tip of the ice berg. A wake up call to all those others out there.
I am glad that Kier and Mike and their team are listening in and fine tuning XF to what the real world out there wants and needs.
I am sure that by the time of release, we will have a world class app on our hands that screams "Simplicity, Elegance, & Functionality"!

So far I'm very impressed by the appearance of the software... The type font, layout, alll pleasing to the eyes... Well organized menus... If I hand money I would jump on buying a copy of Xenforo... (2 thumbs up!) :D

Anyone can code a forum software, as you have seen by the recent release of the new forum software azalanbb or whatever. It takes a true developer to listen to their customer base and code accordingly and code well as we have seen by the release of xenForo.

I agree, but I think users should realize they aren't here to fix their personal preferences, but to get a generic impression and consider it during their R&D period.
This.

To be honest, it would be great if we could get non-positive feedback on some of the ideas presented. If someone suggests something most consider esoteric, and the management does too, it might be great to know that instead of continuing the discussion, which consumes time.

This.

To be honest, it would be great if we could get non-positive feedback on some of the ideas presented. If someone suggests something most consider esoteric, and the management does too, it might be great to know that instead of continuing the discussion, which consumes time.

Guilty here, but I can only speak from my experiences on the limitations I see in solutions I have tried.
My needs might be individual in nature, but you never know.... :-)

I'm just throwing it out there so it might be considered in the future,if not already...