Fixed  iPad / visual issue when opening member-set-card

erich37

a user from the XF-german-language-thread has reported a visual issue when using his iPad (username: Master67) and has asked myself to report this issue:

lets say he is viewing the posts at the very BOTTOM of a certain thread-page, then he is clicking the member-set-card of a certain user.
All he sees is the white-overlay of the screen, but he does not see the opened member-set-card.
He needs to scroll to the very-top of the website in order to see the member-set-card pop-up-window.

He is using an iPad 3G / 64GB with standard-browser Apple Safari.

See his screenshots at the following link:

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...er-for-german-speakers.328/page-38#post-38130

because pretty SuperModels have their own setcard ;)

Well of course.. silly me
doh.gif

:p

It seems that when I have something pop up, it does so at the top of the page off-screen, rather than where I'm at on the page. Is this an issue with the iPad, or safari? Or can this be fixed within xenforo?

Aside from the menu links not formatting quite right, browsing xenforo on iPad is more practical and speedy compared to other forums. I've actually began dreading using other forums now (not just on iPad).

How do I do a screen shot on iPad, anyone know?

Actually a screen shot would be pointless as the pop ups go off-screen, to the top of the page, thinking about it.

I can provide a screen shot of the top menu if someone knows how to do a screen grab with the iPad.

Oh, another issue is that the post editor isn't appearing which I'm sure is an issue with safari and tinymce, and has been for years. I can type a message and post but don't have any formatting options.

Press home and power button simultaneously. It will save a screen shot into your photos folder.

Re, editor, it's an iOS problem, browser security.

Press home and power button simultaneously. It will save a screen shot into your photos folder.

Re, editor, it's an iOS problem, browser security.
Thanks for that :) unfortunately I can't upload pictures, the button is blacked out. I can only click cancel.

I think it's actually an issue with jQuery incorrectly reporting the viewport dimensions.

I believe I have some non-perfect but acceptable (IMO) fix for the issues here.

Fundamentally, mobile WebKit doesn't support position: fixed as hoped. It really just seems to attach it to the body. So we're back to using absolute positioning for it.

The menu positioning issue appears to be caused by a bug that was in iOS 3 and 4.0, but is fixed in 4.1. I also discovered a different menu positioning/closing bug that I've worked around.

Top Bottom