1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed iPad / visual issue when opening member-set-card

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by erich37, Aug 23, 2010.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

a user from the XF-german-language-thread has reported a visual issue when using his iPad (username: Master67) and has asked myself to report this issue:

lets say he is viewing the posts at the very BOTTOM of a certain thread-page, then he is clicking the member-set-card of a certain user.
    All he sees is the white-overlay of the screen, but he does not see the opened member-set-card.
    He needs to scroll to the very-top of the website in order to see the member-set-card pop-up-window.

He is using an iPad 3G / 64GB with standard-browser Apple Safari.

See his screenshots at the following link:

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...er-for-german-speakers.328/page-38#post-38130

2. kforo

kforo Active Member

I talked to Kier about this in pm. (same thing happens on the iphone.)
    He is aware, and said they're working on it.

erich37 likes this.
  3. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

What is this Member Set Card I keep seeing people refer to? *confused*

4. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Dragonfly likes this.
  5. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

OH right the member pop up thing. Thanks Ceri May

why the member SET card reference though?

6. erich37

because pretty SuperModels have their own setcard ;)

7. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Think it is just one of those lost in translation sort of things :)

8. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Well of course.. silly me [​IMG]

:p

9. Booth

Booth Well-Known Member

It seems that when I have something pop up, it does so at the top of the page off-screen, rather than where I'm at on the page. Is this an issue with the iPad, or safari? Or can this be fixed within xenforo?

Aside from the menu links not formatting quite right, browsing xenforo on iPad is more practical and speedy compared to other forums. I've actually began dreading using other forums now (not just on iPad).

10. Facepalmx2

Facepalmx2 Active Member

The javascript alert()'s would most likely be an issue with the iPad operating system, or Safari.

11. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Can you give an example and a screenshot?

12. Booth

Booth Well-Known Member

How do I do a screen shot on iPad, anyone know?

Actually a screen shot would be pointless as the pop ups go off-screen, to the top of the page, thinking about it.

I can provide a screen shot of the top menu if someone knows how to do a screen grab with the iPad.

Oh, another issue is that the post editor isn't appearing which I'm sure is an issue with safari and tinymce, and has been for years. I can type a message and post but don't have any formatting options.

13. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Press home and power button simultaneously. It will save a screen shot into your photos folder.

Re, editor, it's an iOS problem, browser security.

Booth likes this.
  14. Booth

Booth Well-Known Member

Thanks for that :) unfortunately I can't upload pictures, the button is blacked out. I can only click cancel.

15. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Let me think of what to do; I don't have my iPad on me right now :/

16. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

I think it's actually an issue with jQuery incorrectly reporting the viewport dimensions.

17. erich37

18. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

(threads merged)

19. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Just to add another issue here;
    IMG_0266.PNG

Alerts is misaligned in portrait orientation. This wasn't like this yesterday.

20. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I believe I have some non-perfect but acceptable (IMO) fix for the issues here.

Fundamentally, mobile WebKit doesn't support position: fixed as hoped. It really just seems to attach it to the body. So we're back to using absolute positioning for it.

The menu positioning issue appears to be caused by a bug that was in iOS 3 and 4.0, but is fixed in 4.1. I also discovered a different menu positioning/closing bug that I've worked around.