iOS 7

I get that but whats up with the two differnt sets of Icons? I thought there was only one set of official Icons? I seem to have the set on the left.
I thought they were the same.
I got it from here -

Relax, wannabe designers: iOS 7 will succeed despite your icon tantrums
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...os-7-will-succeed-despite-your-icon-tantrums/

My main beef with the icon changes ... is why ? Especially because when I am looking for an APP I have memorized the icons .... so I just scan for the look. #firstworldproblems

I want the 5S just for the faster (120 frames per second) camera. I like the fingerprint scanner thing as well. But I'll probably get a Galaxy S4 or some Android device. Anyone know an Android phone with 120 frames per second video ?

When I got this 4S a few years ago I thought it was one of the best phones and that my wife could handle the iphone 4 I had. Now: I know the iphone isn't one of the best phones so it's time to move on.

I thought they were the same.
I got it from here -

Relax, wannabe designers: iOS 7 will succeed despite your icon tantrums
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...os-7-will-succeed-despite-your-icon-tantrums/

My main beef with the icon changes ... is why ? Especially because when I am looking for an APP I have memorized the icons .... so I just scan for the look. #firstworldproblems

I want the 5S just for the faster (120 frames per second) camera. I like the fingerprint scanner thing as well. But I'll probably get a Galaxy S4 or some Android device. Anyone know an Android phone with 120 frames per second video ?

When I got this 4S a few years ago I thought it was one of the best phones and that my wife could handle the iphone 4 I had. Now: I know the iphone isn't one of the best phones so it's time to move on.
I just bought my 5 two weeks ago.. Still trying to figure out why all the Hype.. Apple has its advantages.. But in many ways it was a real disappointment.. That and i of curse payed the no contract price. :(

Dang... this upgrade is turning into a nightmare.
  1. Had to go to a windows laptop as the Mac would never pick up the latest IOS 7
  2. Updated on the Windows laptop and iPad rebooted into the IOS 7 setup
  3. Set it up on wireless and never could get it activated
  4. Hook up to iTunes on laptop and it tells me the iTunes store is unavailable
  5. Hook back up to the Mac and get the same thing
  6. While hooked to the Mac put the iPad into DFU and am now doing a restore
  7. Download of the IPSW via iTunes has been stuck on 57 minutes remaining (with no activity shown) for the last 10 minutes.
  8. Then, suddenly get a 9006 error AGAIN on the Mac.
  9. Went back to the laptop - same thing
  10. Removed iTunes (and all the associated crap - deleting all folders also (along with the backups)
  11. Downloading iTunes again to install
  12. Downloading it and went to re-install it and get some weird error about product key.
  13. Had to perform an iTunes update to get it to install
  14. During this process the iPad decides it will finally finish and activate
  15. 4.5 hours later and I'm done - and not impressed
Jesus.... I never want to hear anybody complain again about how "complicated" Android is. At least it's not dependent upon a software package like iTunes to do stuff.
And they call this user friendly?

Last edited:
Anyone else noticing a slight delay when coming out of sleep mode? When I press the Home or Power button, I get a slight delay which then fades into my lock screen. This is one animation I don't understand.

This is on an iPhone 5.

Anyone else noticing a slight delay when coming out of sleep mode? When I press the Home or Power button, I get a slight delay which then fades into my lock screen. This is one animation I don't understand.

This is on an iPhone 5.

It's by design.

Ironic, considering their own promo reads: "Conspicuous ornamentation has been stripped away. Unnecessary bars and buttons have been removed. And in taking away design elements that don't add value, suddenly there's greater focus on what matters most: your content.", and you then have animations (e.g., fade in and fade out when waking up the device or putting it to sleep, zooming on unlock, etc), which while "neat" the first one or two times you see them, serve no functional purpose whatsoever and make the most basic of tasks take a bit longer (frustrating!).

I have mixed feelings about iOS 7, but the speed of animations you see now are much better than what we got in the betas.

Lots of messing around getting mine to update OTA, but eventually it completed.

It's jumbled my icons up, so I can't find anything! Other than that the jury is out...

Been using it for 12 hours. Love it.

Just need an iPhone 5S now.

Well at least my pre-order arrives tomorrow. Wait... No... BECAUSE THERE ARE NO PRE-ORDERS!! WHY APPLE. WHY?!?

:mad:

On my iPhone 5 I just did the update directly. No iTunes, just Settings / Software Update on the phone. Took about 15 minutes and it was done.
The phones are not having a lot of problems. There have been a LOT of reported problems with updating the Mini (most posted at the Apple Support Forum).

High failure rate in construction of device? From what I hear the fingerprint scanner is really giving them a bad time.

We had 5S and 5C review units at the office, and I don't recall any problems with the scanner itself (on the 5S', that is). The readers actually fared very well.

I wouldn't call either a required upgrade if you have a 5. While both boost a better camera, the results are nearly indistinguishable from a 5, nor was speed ever an issue for most 5 users. If anything, these phones lay the foundation for the future (e.g, the 64-bit arch going forward).

Last edited:
Not heard the same thing.
Oh, they are there, https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5325252?tstart=0 is the main one I had been reading. Finally was able to get it installed - and honestly am not that impressed with it.
Either way, need a new phone. My iPhone 4S is on its last legs.
I won't be getting the 5s, I will wait until they finally realize they need a 4.7'ish inch screen and produce that product. If not, I'll just fall back to one of the Android phones.

We had 5S and 5C review units at the office, and I don't recall any problems with the scanner itself. The readers actually far
I wouldn't call either a required upgrade if you have a 5. While both boost a better camera, the results are nearly indistinguishable from a 5, nor was speed ever an issue for most 5 users. If anything, these phones lay the foundation for the future (e.g, the 64-bit arch going forward).
Once they get a larger screen i will upgrade. If they don't do it by one of the next versions then I'm back to Android for my phone.

Dang... this upgrade is turning into a nightmare.
  1. Had to go to a windows laptop as the Mac would never pick up the latest IOS 7
  2. Updated on the Windows laptop and iPad rebooted into the IOS 7 setup
  3. Set it up on wireless and never could get it activated
  4. Hook up to iTunes on laptop and it tells me the iTunes store is unavailable
  5. Hook back up to the Mac and get the same thing
  6. While hooked to the Mac put the iPad into DFU and am now doing a restore
  7. Download of the IPSW via iTunes has been stuck on 57 minutes remaining (with no activity shown) for the last 10 minutes.
  8. Then, suddenly get a 9006 error AGAIN on the Mac.
  9. Went back to the laptop - same thing
  10. Removed iTunes (and all the associated crap - deleting all folders also (along with the backups)
  11. Downloading iTunes again to install
  12. Downloading it and went to re-install it and get some weird error about product key.
  13. Had to perform an iTunes update to get it to install
  14. During this process the iPad decides it will finally finish and activate
  15. 4.5 hours later and I'm done - and not impressed
Jesus.... I never want to hear anybody complain again about how "complicated" Android is. At least it's not dependent upon a software package like iTunes to do stuff.
And they call this user friendly?

:LOL:

Sorry, I shoudn't be laughing but reading the claims by others in the other thread this made me chuckle a little.

Top Bottom