iOS 7

PS3 is better than xbox...and ps4 is better than xbox one. :p

28673002.jpg

No real hate on iPhone at all. I have to use a company one for my job. It has much better games which is cool, but the whole idea that Apple is so "innovative" with every iOS release is a bit of a joke. For the past few years it's been a catch up race with Android. People like what they like, no right or wrong there. I just don't care for the blind sheep is all.

Also, PS4 killed Xbox One easily. Pre-ordered mine last night ;).

No real hate on iPhone at all. I have to use a company one for my job. It has much better games which is cool, but the whole idea that Apple is so "innovative" with every iOS release is a bit of a joke. For the past few years it's been a catch up race with Android. People like what they like, no right or wrong there. I just don't care for the blind sheep is all.

Woo! Go PS4 Supporters!

At times I feel their "innovation" is more or less in implementation versus actual features. I'm ok with it tho since I much prefer iOS implementations of nearly everything. Lol.

People still use iphones? :coffee:
I'd say yes... for my site, iPhone and iPad are by far the top 2 mobile devices. When you chart mobile devices by company, we see more traffic from Apple devices than everything else combined.

You can definitely see Samsung making gains in the last couple years, but still no where remotely close to Apple.

Image%202013.06.12%2010%3A05%3A03%20AM.png

Broken down by devices:

Image%202013.06.12%2010%3A10%3A12%20AM.png

For the past few years it's been a catch up race with Android. People like what they like, no right or wrong there. I just don't care for the blind sheep is all.

It goes both ways.

There are many things Android still hasn't implemented that iOS has had for some time. It really depends on what features/abilities you want/need.

heh...I laugh because all of the features for almost every phone in the same class derive their best features by copying the highest used features of cydia repos... lol

heh...I laugh because all of the features for almost every phone in the same class derive their best features by copying the highest used features of cydia repos... lol

Never used Cydia but teh *one* thing I saw someone do in there and I really wanted is coming in 7. lol

I'd say yes... for my site, iPhone and iPad are by far the top 2 mobile devices. When you chart mobile devices by company, we see more traffic from Apple devices than everything else combined.

Thank you. There have been many studies from Chitika and others that show iOS/Apple devices dominating web traffic. My own site shows similar to yours (Apple at the top) but I don't get enough traffic to consider the results reliable.

What I find funny are the excuses people make to explain these numbers. Things like "Android can change the User Agent" (my favorite since it shows an immediate lack of how analytics tools gather their data).

The real reason for the discrepancy is quite easy to figure out. There are simply more iOS devices out there that are being used for their intended purpose. Android has long passed iOS in smartphone market share, but so many of those devices are basically feature phones running Android and their users don't even "use" them as smartphones. When you compare the GS3 to the iPhone 5 (as posted above) you see they are both used online (which makes sense - nobody would buy a GS3 and only use it as a phone).

I believe this is also why developers still favor iOS over Android despite the gap in market share. What developer wants to code for some low-end phone being dumped by carriers all over the world? How are you going to monetize all those users who don't even "use" their phone? Developers want to code for the GS3/4, HTC One and other quality devices, not some phone with a 2.8" 1/4 VGA screen running an outdated OS. I think Android developers would gladly give up half the marketshare if it meant there were more high-end devices that are capable of running all the cool Apps they want to create.

I have used iPhone since the second generation (and Macs generally since 95, but I'm not iSheep), and installed iOS 7 yesterday. I have considered Android from time to time, but honestly I don't see any reason why I should jump boat. I love iOS 7!

A new UI update for iOS was long overdue. It's great that they're supporting all the way back to iPhone 4 with the new OS.

I'm seriously not getting this iOS 7 -> Android thing. Features, easily get. UI? That strikes much more Windows Phone / Metro than android to me (and plenty of others that I've talked with).

I'm seriously not getting this iOS 7 -> Android thing. Features, easily get. UI? That strikes much more Windows Phone / Metro than android to me (and plenty of others that I've talked with).
My tooth against Apple is: They sue everyone at the first "copying" attempt, yet they rip blatantly pretty much everything from other companies and expect everything to be OK. Even the OS is not theirs, they ripped that from FreeBSD.

@Floren, that's a completely different issue / topic that I'm really not feeling the need to get into. I still don't get the whole "iOS 7 looks like Android" thing. Flat, square, vibrant colors are something I really get from Windows Phone and not Android. I'm not discussing features (I can name quite a few that I know came from / were 'inspired' by Android -- features that seem so fundamental its amazing it took 7 major versions to get them), but design

My Mac Pro is more than 5 years old... I'm definitely due for an upgrade. I hope they come out with a 30" 4K monitor to go along with it by the time they come out.

I have the 2008 Mac Pro too - have to say I'm drooling at the new model, though I suspect the price will be fearsome, and I'm also concerned at having to have my massive storage (4 x 2TB drives) external to the main box, with all the cooling and noise implications that brings.

Top Bottom