iOS 13.4: reaction tap always opens menu

sixlxvi

I noticed this after upgrading my iPhone to the new 13.4 software. I’m not sure if that is related.

Reactions on mobile used to give a like when you tap like and display the other reactions when you long press it. Now, tapping like automatically displays the reaction options. So, to just like a post, you need to tap the like button and then select like a second time.

That doesn’t seem intended.

siONtI

Formerly FrederikP
I noticed this after upgrading my iPhone to the new 13.4 software. I’m not sure if that is related.

Reactions on mobile used to give a like when you tap like and display the other reactions when you long press it. Now, tapping like automatically displays the reaction options. So, to just like a post, you need to tap the like button and then select like a second time.

That doesn’t seem intended.
Yes can confirm

sixlxvi

But seems better than what we currently have!
If you use the regular like often, this makes it so you need to use two clicks instead of the original one click, to like a post.

In the world of mobile devices, adding an extra click for something that originally had one is 😵

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
We have noticed this. It does seem to be some 13.4 change. We'll investigate.

(I know some people prefer it, but if we wanted to do it intentionally, it would behave more consistently -- at least across all touch devices.)

sixlxvi

We have noticed this. It does seem to be some 13.4 change. We'll investigate.

(I know some people prefer it, but if we wanted to do it intentionally, it would behave more consistently -- at least across all touch devices.)
Awesome, thanks for not leaving it this way. :)