One tap to open reaction menu

Masetrix

I was wrong. If you change the phrase for the menu from Like to Ratings or reactions or whatever, then it also changes the name of the actual like. :(
But this is bad because in translations should be made Reactions, after clicking, Reacted there. Like before. There was like -> liked. Now should be reaction -> reacted, there should be one more phrase.

Martok

Doesn't mean it's the best, also I hardly ever visit Facebook let alone use the reactions.
No, it may not be the best implementation but it is consistent with behaviour on what's probably the biggest social media platform which many people do use (though not you, obviously).

I can see the devs getting it in the neck whichever way they jump - leave as it is and they'll get complaints at the implementation, change it and they'll get complaints that it works differently from what users are used to elsewhere.

Mr Lucky

It wouldn't be confusing for the many people who use Facebook as this is exactly the same implementation that they use.
One of the reasons I rarely use Facebook is the unintuitive user interface. I know plenty of people,who use forums happily, who do not like or use Facebook.

It’s not really comparable imo

Steve F

No, it may not be the best implementation but it is consistent with behaviour on what's probably the biggest social media platform which many people do use (though not you, obviously).

I can see the devs getting it in the neck whichever way they jump - leave as it is and they'll get complaints at the implementation, change it and they'll get complaints that it works differently from what users are used to elsewhere.
There isn’t anything wrong with options of having it one way or the other, at least a few people would like to have that choice. :)

Steve F

Hopefully one of the main developers will provide more options in their 2.1 versions. @Xon's implementation was great.
While addons tend to fill the gaps of core features/options I recently have started thinking ahead and realized that the odds of an addon being ready for a major core release is getting slim if at all.

Martok

One of the reasons I rarely use Facebook is the unintuitive user interface. I know plenty of people,who use forums happily, who do not like or use Facebook.

It’s not really comparable imo
It is comparable. I know plenty of people who use forums happily and also use Facebook. :)

There isn’t anything wrong with options of having it one way or the other, at least a few people would like to have that choice. :)
I'm not saying that there shouldn't be options. Arguably there should be an option to change this so you have to click or tap to get the Reactions smilies, especially considering that they changed the menus to require clicks to show them (though they do still have hover over the Member tooltip which used to be a click if I recall when it was the old Member card, I do wish that was a click).

My initial post was in response to it being blanket stated that it was confusing. I guess it may be to some who don't use Facebook but to many who do, it isn't as it's the same as they use there. :)

FWIW I have liked the first post. ;)