Internet Speed

I'm supposed to be getting at least 12mbs down. FAIL.

Something's up. 500ms and then 40ms ping to the same location? :confused:
I'll test again tomorrow and see if I can get better results (I've gotten in the 25mbs range before).

I've no idea, but Hurricane Earl is getting close to the USA, and I know for sure at least 2 people on my forum had some major issues getting to certain sites in the last 24 hours.

speedz2.jpg

That's more like it.

I've no idea, but Hurricane Eric is getting close to the USA, and I know for sure at least 2 people on my forum had some major issues getting to certain sites in the last 24 hours.
Hurricane Earl. :p I'm glad it's not coming here to my area, but with the hurricane train that seems to be happening this year I don't think that will stay this way for long.

My test:
speed_test.webp

Thanks

Eric -> Earl. Or was it spelled URL? :P

My speed is ok, but the jitter is in the 35 - 80ms range with 2-5% data loss

Thanks

Eric -> Earl. Or was it spelled URL? :p

My speed is ok, but the jitter is in the 35 - 80ms range with 2-5% data loss

I went through about a month of having 25%+ data loss, made everything impossibe pages would load without any images of just stop half way loaded... drove me crazy.

Mine...

Not the best, but I've heard that UPC is going to increase the Bandwithlimit again, for all their FibrePower Products in Austria this autumn. :D

Hurricane Earl. :p I'm glad it's not coming here to my area, but with the hurricane train that seems to be happening this year I don't think that will stay this way for long.

My test:
View attachment 1421

I ended up getting my connection boosted a little, so now I've got new stats! :D

It's supposed to be 16mb but since it's the peak of the day it's obviously a bit slow... but even 3mb extra is fun right now. :p

XF_speed_test.webp

He's passing through here either late tonight or early tomorrow morning. I've been tracking it the past 24 hours, and it seems to be veering westward away from us, so we won't get it as bad as we feared; but someone is going to. :( Nevertheless, the unpredictability of it (there is one forecast model that puts me smack dab in the middle of it) means I still need to prepare, just in case.

23405053.png

23405130.png

upload is slower than usual right now, I'm ftping stuffs

and if your willing to get outside the normal circumstances of buying service(in the US that is)...

http://www.corp.att.com/wholesale/find_fiber/find_fiber.html and you can get a beastly line but realistically I would just be happy if they stopped trying to say the FCC says you can only transfer this much a month under the fair usage policy ... and its crap as the FCC only tells them at what point they can cut your service off at: anything more than that is the company's discretion.

I won't even begin to talk isp and residential customer policies right now as I might offend someone and I don't want to make this political.
Just PLEASE: Fibre to mi casa per favor

What makes me laugh about virgin media, is I can move to a business line and pay £10-20 more a month for 20Mbs instead of 50Mbs with the same upload :S... why would I??? for only £40 a month more I can actually get a dedicated 100Mbs down 100Mbs up leased line (5year contract paying yearly)...

Its because with a business line your paying for the service guarantees. With a business line you have a 4 hours SLA on any faults etc, you don't get that with a residential connection if you have a fault you could potentially wait weeks for it to be fixed, especially if they have to start replacing the cable in the ground etc.. Also the contention levels are lower on a business account.

And are you sure about the price for a leased line, the last time I saw a quote for one it was for about 18K a year for a 50Mbs up/down line. Mind that that was a few years ago.

Its because with a business line your paying for the service guarantees. With a business line you have a 4 hours SLA on any faults etc, you don't get that with a residential connection if you have a fault you could potentially wait weeks for it to be fixed, especially if they have to start replacing the cable in the ground etc.. Also the contention levels are lower on a business account.

And are you sure about the price for a leased line, the last time I saw a quote for one it was for about 18K a year for a 50Mbs up/down line. Mind that that was a few years ago.

The SLA only effects minor faults though, the more important things that would require an engineer would still be the same time table as residential so you can still wait a week+ for your line to be fixed... 90% of my faults on a residential line are fixed within 5-6hrs....

Yeah 100% on the leased like... like said though it was 5year deal and paying yearly... worked out about £120-130 a month (though there was a hefty installation charge also don't remember how hefty though).

Top Bottom