Internet Speed

Here's mine. I'm paying about $70 a month to comcast. It's a lil spendy but I like the speed - even though it's not the greatest.

speed-test-aug-2010.webp

Here's mine. I'm paying about $70 a month to comcast. It's a lil spendy but I like the speed - even though it's not the greatest.
View attachment 1401

When ever I get hight download speed my upload goes to pot... like here got over my limit yet upload was pant (in comparison) but then another day I had 40Mbs down but 6Mbs up ...

894707446.png
23197070.png

Pathetic (lovely upload speed eh?), and I'm supposed to be my ISP's business package.....

What makes me laugh about virgin media, is I can move to a business line and pay £10-20 more a month for 20Mbs instead of 50Mbs with the same upload :S... why would I??? for only £40 a month more I can actually get a dedicated 100Mbs down 100Mbs up leased line (5year contract paying yearly)...

What is jitter supposed to be an indication of?

My connection 'suddenly stops' working for brief periods, would jitter show that?

What is jitter supposed to be an indication of?

My connection 'suddenly stops' working for brief periods, would jitter show that?

Jitter is the variation of the ping/latency time... if it takes 20ms one time then 30ms the next you have a 10ms jitter... however it is more accurate the more ping's you do... It only really effects voIP and online gaming.

Going from your computer to the internet is not your downstream, but upstream.

You have 50 Mbit upstream too? Impressive :)

In the Netherlands we only have 120 Mbit downstream and 10 Mbit upstream with our cable provider. (upc.nl)

speedz.jpg

Although it's relatively slow today. I've had times at 110mb down and 70mb up or something. :)

Jitter is the variation of the ping/latency time... if it takes 20ms one time then 30ms the next you have a 10ms jitter... however it is more accurate the more ping's you do... It only really effects voIP and online gaming.
And watching digital television. :P

Top Bottom