Add-on Interested with an messenger for XenForo?

truonglv

Hi all,

I'm on the way make new chat for XenForo. It's not similar with existing chats. My chat base on there features:
  • Realtime update :D
  • One to one: User A chat with User A
  • One to many: User chat with User B, User C,...
Any suggestions for me yet? :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-16 at 10.24.25 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-08-16 at 10.24.25 PM.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 182
  • Preview.gif
    Preview.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 149
Isn't it like conversations ?!
I think it is quite different, mainly due to the instant nature (real time update).

Having easy access to all chats is also a big plus, unlike your suggestion above of making profile posts update in real time where people would need to keep multiple tabs open if they are speaking to different bunch of members.

Hi all,

I'm on the way make new chat for XenForo. It's not similar with existing chats. My chat base on there features:
  • Realtime update :D
  • One to one: User A chat with User A
  • One to many: User chat with User B, User C,...
Any suggestions for me yet? :D
Is this going to be a chatroom or a shoutbox? in other words will this plugin have its own dedicated page or will it display as a widget? or both?

What's going to be the technology behind it? Are you going to use frequent requests even x milliseconds which tends to be a popular choice, are you going to use long polling, are you going to use web sockets? Is Node going to be required? How's it going to scale for hundreds (or thousands) of concurrent users?

Reactions: Xon
What's going to be the technology behind it? Are you going to use frequent requests even x milliseconds which tends to be a popular choice, are you going to use long polling, are you going to use web sockets? Is Node going to be required? How's it going to scale for hundreds (or thousands) of concurrent users?
Websocket and NodeJs. So it have been limited users can use :/. Install this addon is not easy :confused:

Is this going to be a chatroom or a shoutbox? in other words will this plugin have its own dedicated page or will it display as a widget? or both?
If you in mobile. You must go to a page. And you on desktop, you can chat anywhere. Because I have planning make small popup chat in a page. (Similar Facebook)

Websocket and NodeJs. So it have been limited users can use :/. Install this addon is not easy :confused:
That's actually a great answer. Was kind of hoping for that. Good luck with your project, at least you are offering something significantly different from the rest of the options and you have a really good chance at scaling to the levels big boards need.

That's actually a great answer. Was kind of hoping for that. Good luck with your project, at least you are offering something significantly different from the rest of the options and you have a really good chance at scaling to the levels big boards need.
Thank you ;)

Top Bottom