Add-on Interested with an messenger for XenForo?

Any suggestions for me yet? :D

Suggestions:
  1. Usergroup permissions.
  2. Integration with conversations like on Facebook.
  3. Report chat conversation.
  4. Suitable for big boards.
  5. Logs.
  6. Sell Chat access through User Upgrades. Advertise the paid chat function through empty chat bar. If users want to chat then direct users to account upgrade page. Show a message in the chat bar: 'No permission. To access the chat, upgrade your account here'
  7. Support for PUSH Notifications.

Last edited:
Suggestions:
  1. Usergroup permissions.
  2. Integration with conversations like on Facebook.
  3. Report chat conversation.
  4. Suitable for big boards.
  5. Logs.
  6. Sell Chat access through User Upgrades. Advertise the paid chat function through empty chat bar. If users want to chat then direct users to account upgrade page. Show a message in the chat bar: 'No permission. To access the chat, upgrade your account here'
  7. Support for PUSH Notifications.

#1: Alway must be have :D
#2: You can see in the post #1. I have build an page for that.
#3: Will be implement
#4: Ofcourse ;)
#5: No logs.
#6: You can do it with usergroup permissions
#7: I will look at on that :)

Chat messages will appear in XenForo conversations?
XenForo conversations will appear in chat?
This is my suggestion. :)

The reason for the request is to deal with spammers, abuse, harassment, illegal activity.
#1: No plan. Because in the chat is very short message as possible. So someone can say "hi" for many times. If integrate with conversation so you got a lot of messages which don't make any sense.

#2: i will consider that :)

#1: No plan. Because in the chat is very short message as possible. So someone can say "hi" for many times. If integrate with conversation so you got a lot of messages which don't make any sense.
If you make it the same as on Facebook, then it makes sense.

When I try to send a message the first time it takes me to the separate chat page > it should open directly the new small popup down right.

The popups down right should stay open (keep their status) as you change pages in the forum.

When I try to send a message the first time it takes me to the separate chat page > it should open directly the new small popup down right.

The popups down right should stay open (keep their status) as you change pages in the forum.
#1: Will be implemented soon.
#2: It could not implement. Because the bubble display after ajax calling. So it will lose when you leave page.

He means these messages should be integrated with the core conversations area. There's no need for your full window conversation page to be separate than a XenForo conversation.

Reactions: rdn
He means these messages should be integrated with the core conversations area. There's no need for your full window conversation page to be separate than a XenForo conversation.
If integrated, you will lose full bbcode for conversation, upload attachments. The messenger just be an basic text.

Your messenger includes a conversation inbox. XenForo already has a conversation inbox. So with your addon people will have 2 inboxes. This is too confusing for people.

Reactions: Xon
If integrated, you will lose full bbcode for conversation, upload attachments. The messenger just be an basic text.
Look at Facebook which is clearly being mimic'd here. You have the option to go to the full screen and upload attachments and everything, but then you can send basic messages from the pop up windows. Even if you don't include everything in the pop up window (such as bbcode parsing), the second message center has to go.

Your messenger includes a conversation inbox. XenForo already has a conversation inbox. So with your addon people will have 2 inboxes. This is too confusing for people.
Look at Facebook which is clearly being mimic'd here. You have the option to go to the full screen and upload attachments and everything, but then you can send basic messages from the pop up windows. Even if you don't include everything in the pop up window (such as bbcode parsing), the second message center has to go.

Ok. I will make an option allow you switch between that. One table for messenger and other use default of XenForo conversation.

Top Bottom