1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate Install, Windows, WAMP not working ....

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Jethro, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

The install script creates the files, it then cans out Apache, before informing me that "You cannot proceed unless all XenForo database tables are removed.". Manually removing the files and refreshing doesn't work????
  2. Kuma

Kuma Active Member

Empty the database that you're using of the xenForo database tables.
  3. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Doesn't work.
    Jethro likes this.
  4. Mycologist

Mycologist Member

Hello again, having the same issue, not resolved.
  5. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Vaguely think it might be an Apache thing, could be completely wrong, but if it's working on other windows installs then something in the setup?
  6. arco

arco Member

I have the same problem in Wamp on Win7. If I restart the install and tick the "Remove all XenForo-related data, including posts and users", then I get a "The connection was reset" message in Firefox.
  7. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Install worked without a hitch on a production box running with one of the linux distribs ...
  8. Kuma

Kuma Active Member

Check the following things:
    That your folders are writeable by the server
    Try emptying the directory where you are installing xF and then re-copying the files again
    Check your database user and make sure it has the correct permissions
    Try a new empty database, it is rare but possible mysql did not clean up the db files properly.
  9. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Same here.
  10. Kuma

Kuma Active Member

Did you install a specific pre-built package or is this a manual install?
  11. MentaL

MentaL Active Member

Hmm I had no issues of it loading on my xammp using win 7, you using the lite version?
  12. Luciano

Luciano Member

@Mental.. it works with xampp but not with wamp!

@Jethro, JVCode and others...

Well I had similar problems with my local server. (using wamp server bundle... where you can switch apache, mysql and php versions on the fly) (http://www.wampserver.com/en/)
    just like you it more or less crashed at step 2b and on page reload told me that db was already there and I had to remove tables to install.

I then just downloaded a different localhost server bundle xampp (http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html)
    you can install it without deinstalling the WAMP server (just make sure you dont run both at the same time.
    I installed xenforo on Xampp and.. (it did give me a small errorr (i didnt touch it.. and it continued.. by itself) and suddenly it was installed. And it works fine.
    Now when i'm working with xenforo, i launch xampp, for vbulletin and other stuff i run wamp..

only drawback with xampp is that you cant test an application with several versions of php just with 1 click.. but i can live with that. (and package also contains perl, mailserver and ftpserver which wamp doesnt)

13. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member