XF 1.2 Install Problems

Deathstarr

I am trying to install xenforo and have been having problems for 3 days, I have an error. I have spent over 4 hours trying to install it in the last 3 days.

String could not be parsed as XML

1. SimpleXMLElement->__construct()inXenForo/Deferred/ImportPhrase.phpat line0
  2. XenForo_Deferred_ImportPhrase->execute()inXenForo/Deferred/Atomic.phpat line61
  3. XenForo_Deferred_Atomic->execute()inXenForo/Model/Deferred.phpat line208
  4. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred()inXenForo/Model/Deferred.phpat line331
  5. XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal()inXenForo/Model/Deferred.phpat line265
  6. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runByUniqueKey()inXenForo/Install/Controller/Abstract.phpat line34
  7. XenForo_Install_Controller_Abstract->_manualDeferredRunner()inXenForo/Install/Controller/Install.phpat line221
  8. XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionRunDeferred()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line337
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run()in/home/namephas/public_html/dntalks.com/xen/install/index.phpat line18

I have deleted all files and re uploaded many times. I have tried to overwrite files, I have downloaded WinSCP and uploaded, I have done it through cPanel File Manager, I have uploaded it with Firezilla.

What is the problem?

Which file and how do I fix it?

I am uploading 1.0 right now and if I can get it to install I will just upgrade till I get it working. If I can do it that way but which file would be corrupted because I have uploaded Xenforo at least 4-5 times now maybe more.

Yes the server met all requirements.

I have fixxed the install problem, but now when it installs it says it wants to upgrade. Although this install is 1.2.2. How do I fix that?

Admin Control Panel - XenForo
The board is currently waiting to be upgraded. Please complete the upgrade.

When I click on complete the upgrade it reinstalls xenforo 1.2.2

If you are doing an install and you never completed it, the system was put into a slightly confused state so it shows that message to cover up any errors. Just complete the installation process from the beginning and it should be fine.

Well I kept reuploading till it worked and now its giving errors again since I deleted it and reuploaded it to make it stop upgrading. But ill mess with it more tonight. I want my forum on xenforo.

Can't there be some MD5 checking ?

Upload the entire xenforo.zip and then check the MD5 of the file ?

It's probably more reliable to upload xenforo as one file and then extract it on the server.

I am re-uploading and will go through the steps needed to get it working. I appreciate you helping me. I have just downloaded and extracted a new copy of xen 1.2.2 and am uploading with firezilla now. I have also tried.

Uploaded the zip and extracting on the server, I have tried Winscp.
The server is cpanel and has the requirements to run xen by the xenforo test.

So We will see what happens....

Top Bottom