XF 1.2 Install Problems

RandallC

I am trying to install xenforo and have been having problems for 3 days, I have an error. I have spent over 4 hours trying to install it in the last 3 days.

String could not be parsed as XML

1. SimpleXMLElement->__construct()inXenForo/Deferred/ImportPhrase.phpat line0
  2. XenForo_Deferred_ImportPhrase->execute()inXenForo/Deferred/Atomic.phpat line61
  3. XenForo_Deferred_Atomic->execute()inXenForo/Model/Deferred.phpat line208
  4. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred()inXenForo/Model/Deferred.phpat line331
  5. XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal()inXenForo/Model/Deferred.phpat line265
  6. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runByUniqueKey()inXenForo/Install/Controller/Abstract.phpat line34
  7. XenForo_Install_Controller_Abstract->_manualDeferredRunner()inXenForo/Install/Controller/Install.phpat line221
  8. XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionRunDeferred()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line337
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run()in/home/namephas/public_html/dntalks.com/xen/install/index.phpat line18

I have deleted all files and re uploaded many times. I have tried to overwrite files, I have downloaded WinSCP and uploaded, I have done it through cPanel File Manager, I have uploaded it with Firezilla.

What is the problem?

I ended up contacting my webhost and he installed it with no problems after a fresh download. So i am looking at my tools and seeing where it went wrong.

Top Bottom