XF 1.2 Install or Upgrade?

Vidmarc

I've just downloaded the 1.2.3 upgrade but the upgrade page says I need to upgrade via forum/install.

Is this correct? Shouldn't there be an upgrade only option? Before I continue I need to confirm thiat what I'm doing is OK.

Verify Configuration
Your configuration has been verified.

XenForo is already installed in your database. Continuing will remove all XenForo-related data from your database!

From the FAQ:

I am trying to upgrade but it is attempting to do a new installation, how do I proceed without overwriting the existing data?
It's possible you have uploaded the files from the full package, rather than the upgrade package. Or you have uploaded the correct files but to the wrong location. Check that your data and internal_data directories have not been overwritten. If they have, you will need to restore the files from a backup. To continue with the upgrade, you will need to ensure the correct details are in library/config.php and replace the internal_data/install-lock.php file.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-282417

I actually downloaded the Upgrade package, which is also labelled as such. This has me worried now. I've no idea what to do.

The Upgrade folder includes the Data folder. Not sure where Internal Data is.

What should I do now? I don't understand.

My upgrade package includes:

admin.php
admindav.php
css.php
deferred.php
fb_channel.php
htaccess.txt
index.php
install/
js/
library/
payment_callback.php
rgba.php
styles/

install/Data/ includes:

admin_navigation.xml
admin_permissions.xml
admin_style_properties.xml
admin_templates.xml
code_events.xml
cron.xml
email_templates.xml
index.html
options.xml
permissions.xml
phrases.xml
route_prefixes.xml
style_properties.xml
templates.xml

Does this mean I'm OK? What is my next step?

It said to remove it to continue the upgrade if I kept getting the Install only option.

I keep getting the install option and not the upgrade option.

Confused.

XenForo 1.2.3 - Welcome
Your server meets all of XenForo requirements and you're now ready to begin installation.

Just create one with something like this in it:
Code:
<?php header('Location: ../index.php'); /* Installed: Tue, 19 Mar 13 00:00:23 +0000 */

Top Bottom