XF 2.1 Install or Upgrade?

WRIST.pub

So, I have a live forum (1.5.x), and I just upgraded to 2.x. I created a sub-directory at my hosting spot (shell.domain.com) which is where 2.x is going to be installed. I want to get it installed, buy some add-ons, get them there, etc. I'd also like to import all of the data from the current site so that I can see how the add ons will work, plus, I want to upgrade a Moderator to an Admin and need to train that person. So I'm going to need to use my account plus at least that Moderator's account on the 2.x site.

My point. I'm getting ready to install 2.x. Do I install the FULL package, or the default package that leaves some files out so as not to duplicate files (at least that's what the warning said)? I DL'd the full package, figured I needed to install everything since this is technically a new install, and then once installed I should buy the add ons, then figure out how to use the importers to get the data into the databases.

I know there are some instructions in the manual, just looking for a pointer on which install I should be doing.

Thanks in advance.

The full package is for brand new installations, the upgrade package is for existing installations which are being upgraded to a newer version.

Thank you for the quick reply!

I may not have been clear because I still don't know what to do.

I want to install a fresh copy of 2.x at "subdomain.domain.com" (the current 1.5x is at domain.com) so that I can import data from 1.5 and then try out all the new cool stuff in 2.x without the pressure of upgrading the real site on the fly. I want to train an Admin, I want to search for a buy some new 2.x add-ons, I want to test out the Resource Manager which I bought now but don't have on 1.5x.

Based on that info, does it make sense for me to install the full version? Thank you, Brogan!

Top Bottom