XF 1.3 Infraction System Problems

Recep Baltaş

Hi,

when users recieve infraction, they don't get the specific reason of infraction. How can I let them know that this is a daily infraction and show them the proper reason ?

I presume you mean a warning?
Infractions don't exist in XenForo...

You can optionally start a conversation when issuing a warning.
You can explain to the member via the conversation why they have received it.

Members can't view warnings; the notes field is only seen by moderators.

Yes, Warnings. When they get Warnings, they log in and just see "Violation of Rules". They don't go into their Inbox. They also think that they are banned forever. They don't know how many days they are banned or the ban will be lifted.

This is creating a problem and hatred. If they knew, they would obey the rules in their later posts.

We have strict language rules and we give warnings a lot.

By vBulletin, they were able to see the reaseon and how many days left.

This needs to e improved I think. Is there a resoruce for this ?

I am banning for one day. I have set up the system for it. The next day, they get unbanned automatically. But they don't know that and think that they are banned forever.

Beacuse they can see nothing except "Violation of rules" when they are banned.

I don't warn. Beacuse I know that warning never works. They keep doing the same thing! So, I was preventing them from posting for one day in Vbulletin.

But now with Xenforo (100% happy with the switch I have to say), they get banned for one day, they think it is forever.

Well by definition, banning them means they won't be able to access their account and the forum.

Consider using a warning action and placing them into a limited user group.

We use a secondary UserGroup which we call "suspended". It has most standard user permissions revoked. Suspended users can use Conversations, and (in our case) can also see one "node" where they can query their exclusion in private. But nothing else. You can obviously set this up in whatever way you choose, with whichever permissions suit your needs. I guess you can create a warning action that doesn't ban, but does put folk into such a UserGroup for a defined period.

I have created a new usergroup for users with infraction and user with warning are a part of that usergroup but it does not work!

What the **** guys ? I am really bored of this infraction system ********!

I have created a new usergroup for users with infraction and user with warning are a part of that usergroup but it does not work!

What the **** guys ? I am really bored of this infraction system ********!
In what way does it not work? You'll need to give specifics, along with any permissions you have set for that group.

I got it. I had to click on Never for all settings and then select the ones I want to let. It was No setting before.
In this usergroup you don't need to set the permissions you want them to keep to Allow. Leave them as Not Set (No). They'll still have these permissions from the Registered usergroup and any other usergroups they are members of. You only need to set Allow in a group if they don't have the permission from another group they are a member of. And yes, you are correct in using Never in this instance to disallow any permissions that they have from other usergroups if the users aren't being removed from these groups. It's one of the few instances where Never can be used.

Top Bottom