Cannot reproduce Infinite redirect in upgrade

Jeremy

in memoriam 1991-2020
I had a link open (posts/89/) on my system, and when I finished upload, I decided it wouldn't hurt to just reload and get to the upgrade.. Well, it infinite loop redirects to /install/install/install/etc...

I can't say I follow this. The only silent redirect to the install directory is when the config.php doesn't exist, but you're talking about upgrades so it should exist...?

I think he's saying he uploaded the XF 1.1 files, refreshed the link he was on (/posts/89) hoping to get redirected to the upgrade page, but instead got infinitely redirected to it.

I can't say I follow this. The only silent redirect to the install directory is when the config.php doesn't exist, but you're talking about upgrades so it should exist...?
I overwrote the config file, so I didn't have one. But it still didn't take me to the correct location.

There was a config file in the upload package that overwrote your current one?
No. I did a batch upload, so it got deleted, without intending too. The point isn't how I got it to happen, its that it'll go through an infinite loop. I'll do the same on a development server.

Just curious, but your batch upload deletes files that are not in the upload?

And this scenario was probably not accounted for. Probably should add that to the list. :)

Hm... I can't seem to replicate this on a development server... Hate fluke things like this (but it did happen).

Top Bottom