Fixed Infinite Sitemap Generation in 2.3B5

Chromaniac

Affected version
2.3 Beta 5
So, I just noticed this accidentally. The sitemap generator was going on since Saturday morning.

1713757390941.webp

I had to restart php to stop it. I tried creating it again and it again went crazy. This was definitely not happening on Beta 4.

I tried on my test install which barely has one thread. And the same behavior is happening there as well. I have disabled the sitemap cron for now.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.3.0 Beta 6).

Change log:
Fix an issue with finder query generation causing falsey conditions to be ignored
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Thanks!

Is there a way to make it stop right now! I have disabled the cron. I have even renamed the /src/XF/Cron/Sitemap.php file but it just restarts itself.

You can disable sitemap generation in options, though this can potentially affect other (subtle) things so I'm attaching a patch. If the stuck job is there you can delete the sitemapAuto job from your xf_job table.

Attachments

So, I just noticed this accidentally. The sitemap generator was going on since Saturday morning.

View attachment 301613

I had to restart php to stop it. I tried creating it again and it again went crazy. This was definitely not happening on Beta 4.

I tried on my test install which barely has one thread. And the same behavior is happening there as well. I have disabled the sitemap cron for now.
Nice catch

Top Bottom